Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Digital Image Processing => Topic started by: Bart_van_der_Wolf on March 14, 2019, 09:18:40 am

Title: Sharpen AI by Topaz update to version 1.1.0 available
Post by: Bart_van_der_Wolf on March 14, 2019, 09:18:40 am
I just noticed that an update was available for Windows (v1.0.9 --> 1.1.0). I assume that the Mac version also got updated.
It should mention this when starting the application but, in case it doesn't, now you know.

I'm not sure what exactly was changed, besides a hint at improved AI models.
It seems a bit faster (although it remains a CPU/GPU processor intensive operation), but I'm not sure (and it may differ depending on hardware specifics).

Cheers,
Bart
Title: Re: Sharpen AI by Topaz update to version 1.1.0 available
Post by: Steve Gordon on March 14, 2019, 10:13:07 am
I suspect updates will be not infrequent in the foreseeable future. Great product with lots of potential for fine tuning
Title: Re: Sharpen AI by Topaz update to version 1.1.0 available
Post by: Bart_van_der_Wolf on March 14, 2019, 11:05:41 am
I suspect updates will be not infrequent in the foreseeable future. Great product with lots of potential for fine tuning

Correct, and I know there is something worthwhile being prepared for Topaz Gigapixel AI as well. The beta tests are looking very promising. And the nice thing is, whether updates or even full version upgrades, they will be free for owners of a previous license. So that's like a good investment that can only get better.

Cheers,
Bart
Title: Re: Sharpen AI by Topaz update to version 1.1.0 available
Post by: Les Sparks on March 14, 2019, 01:01:30 pm
I've tried update version of Sharpen AI on my couple year old windows pc (windows 10) NVIDIA GeForec GTX 1050 GPU and 6 core Ryzen 1600CPU. The update takes about 3 min to process a 24 Megapixel image using the Photoshop plugin compared with about 5 1/2 min with the previous version. So on my system the speed increase seems to be significant. The plugin still wants 100% of the GPU.
Title: Re: Sharpen AI by Topaz update to version 1.1.0 available
Post by: bobfriedman on March 14, 2019, 04:35:46 pm
lets hope they don't strip EXIF data any longer
Title: Re: Sharpen AI by Topaz update to version 1.1.0 available
Post by: Bart_van_der_Wolf on March 14, 2019, 04:45:18 pm
lets hope they don't strip EXIF data any longer

No joy yet.

But it's on their To-Do list.

Cheers,
Bart