Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: Jeremy Roussak on March 04, 2019, 02:17:56 pm

Title: rising sun
Post by: Jeremy Roussak on March 04, 2019, 02:17:56 pm
Thoughts?

Jeremy
Title: Re: rising sun
Post by: Jeremy Roussak on March 04, 2019, 02:20:56 pm
Or high key?

Jeremy
Title: Re: rising sun
Post by: MattBurt on March 04, 2019, 06:30:39 pm
I think brighter is better but the image still doesn't really draw me in.
The weeds (and the shadows) don't make a visually interesting subject to me. Or if the snow is the subject then the weeds distract from it.
Title: Re: rising sun
Post by: armand on March 04, 2019, 07:05:23 pm
I think brighter is better but the image still doesn't really draw me in.
The weeds (and the shadows) don't make a visually interesting subject to me. Or if the snow is the subject then the weeds distract from it.

I was thinking along the same lines. The snow is great, the branches less so. I think it will look better if you clone out the left branch but I'm not sure it will be enough.
Title: Re: rising sun
Post by: francois on March 08, 2019, 04:36:26 am
For me, both versions lack simplicity. "Ripples" are fighting against weeds (or vice versa) as the main subject.