Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => Street Showcase => Topic started by: LesPalenik on March 04, 2019, 07:15:28 am

Title: Sheep Drive
Post by: LesPalenik on March 04, 2019, 07:15:28 am
A few years ago, I was driving through one of the main thoroughfares in the town of Nowy Targ in southern Poland, when I noticed a flock of sheep and a shepherd carrying a sick lamb.
Rolled down the window, hit the brakes, and fired one shot.
Title: Re: Sheep Drive
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on March 04, 2019, 10:34:17 am
This reminds me of a scene I encountered several years ago in Castelluccio del Norcia, in Umbria. After a day of grazing in the fields, this herd of sheep headed into the village toward the building where they would spend the night.

There was no shepherd in sight, so they just stopped and waited for him to show up to let them in.
Title: Re: Sheep Drive
Post by: LesPalenik on March 04, 2019, 05:56:02 pm
Hi Eric,

that is an interesting scene.
I posted my picture also because it reminded me of another photo, one from the recent Siena International Photo competition - Redyk by Bartlomiej Jurecki.

https://www.google.com/search?q=bartlomiej+Jurecki+photo+sheep+Siena&sa=X&rlz=1C1GKLA_enCA603CA603&biw=1639&bih=846&tbm=isch&source=iu&ictx=1&fir=cWttrMvMaK6-pM%253A%252CKGoSyrxy8Wh2uM%252C_&usg=AI4_-kSHG5lZjT3UdzxxXq-4j8sj83Yi6A&ved=2ahUKEwjNi-PZyengAhUMwYMKHXY5CHoQ9QEwAHoECAYQBA#imgrc=cWttrMvMaK6-pM:
Title: Re: Sheep Drive
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on March 04, 2019, 11:33:19 pm
Wow!
That's a bigger herd of sheep than I ever encountered.