Luminous Landscape Forum
Equipment & Techniques => Medium Format / Film / Digital Backs – and Large Sensor Photography => Topic started by: felix5616 on March 03, 2019, 01:58:30 pm
-
which wide angle cambo tech lenses work well with a Cambo IQ3 50 back
-
I would look for:
32mm Rodenstock
40mm Rodenstock
Both offer good shift and rise fall with large image circles. 32mm would benefit from CF on the 50mp back.
28mm Rodenstock
23mm Rodenstock
Both have 70mm IC. Neither offer much movement 5mm max. Both need center filter for best results.
35mm Schneider
Very limited movement needs center filter.
43mm Schneider
Great IC. Great range of movement. May need CF for best results.
Note Schneider no longer markets their lenses. But can be found used.
Paul C
-
thank you
i appreciate the info
-
regarding phase one digital backs, are there different cambo mamiya adapters for IQ2 and IQ3 series backs?
-
Only difference should be a larger opening for the pins at bottom center of digital back. IQ2 did not have power share, IQ3 does, and has 2 or 3 more pins.
I know Arca did a different Mamiya plate for their cameras that had a larger opening. Many photographers however just used the same plate, and depressed the pins. No one reported any damage.
Paul C
-
thanks again
trying to decide between an IQ 260 and an IQ3 50
-
Compatibility chart for Cambo lenses (https://www.dtcommercialphoto.com/cambo-technical-cameras/)
-
I would suggest working with a knowledgeable dealer that can provide you raw files from various back+lens combinations, and more importantly, arrange for you to rent the systems you are considering with the rental counting toward purchase. If you're in the USA we'd be glad to be that dealer.
-
thanks again
trying to decide between an IQ 260 and an IQ3 50
I would go with the IQ 350.
The 260 really has no advantage over the 160. Just price a 160.
It can’t get close to a 1 hour exposure.
Noise is no better.
WiFi less than stellar.
Besides the crop factor I can’t think of any disadvantage for the IQ350.
I have owned both the 160 and 260, for me the 260 was a financial mistake. Never lived up to the promise.
Paul C
-
Anyone use a Schneider 47mm XL lens with a phase one IQ350?