Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => Landscape Showcase => Topic started by: RSL on March 03, 2019, 11:05:51 am

Title: Andalusia
Post by: RSL on March 03, 2019, 11:05:51 am
Alabama
Title: Re: Andalusia
Post by: Rajan Parrikar on March 04, 2019, 04:34:06 am
Russ,

What is this about? I mean the structure (ruins?).
Title: Re: Andalusia
Post by: RSL on March 04, 2019, 09:40:07 am
Wish I had an answer, Rajan. I’ve tried to research this little town, but without much success. Most of the information available is from the Chamber of Commerce, telling me how great the place is. Two different railroad lines ran through the town in the late 1800s, and a considerable amount of manufacturing obviously must have developed to take advantage of the transportation. There are several other commercial ruins in the area, and a number of passenger trains that obviously have been on their sidings for a very long time. Nowadays Andalusia is a lazy town in the U.S. deep south, but with a lot of history in its ruins. Wish I could find more about it.

Here are a couple more shots from Andalusia. I’ve posted the one of the crumbling wall before. My catalog seems to have a pretty good collection from the place. We passed through on our trips from Colorado to Florida and back several times.
Title: Re: Andalusia
Post by: Dave Rosser on March 04, 2019, 12:17:38 pm
Alabama
I totally missed the Alabama sub title and wondered what on earth the picture had to do with Southern Spain.  :-[  I wil have to get my eyes tested.  :(

Dave
Title: Re: Andalusia
Post by: Two23 on March 06, 2019, 09:12:48 pm
Maybe it was a brick factory.


Kent in SD