Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => Landscape Showcase => Topic started by: stevenfr on March 02, 2019, 10:56:16 am

Title: Tetrapods
Post by: stevenfr on March 02, 2019, 10:56:16 am
A long exposure of tetrapods. These thing litter the Japanese shore lines. Phase One XF IQ4 150 camera.
Title: Re: Tetrapods
Post by: HSakols on March 02, 2019, 11:59:11 am
That is pretty cool! 
Title: Re: Tetrapods
Post by: stevenfr on March 02, 2019, 12:12:09 pm
Thanks Hugh. They are fun to photograph.
Title: Re: Tetrapods
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on March 02, 2019, 05:09:19 pm
That is pretty cool!
+1.
Title: Re: Tetrapods
Post by: sdwilsonsct on March 03, 2019, 12:25:50 pm
+1.

+2. Nice contrast between soft and sharp.
Title: Re: Tetrapods
Post by: Bob_B on March 04, 2019, 08:21:58 am
+2. Nice contrast between soft and sharp.

+1 (= 3)  ;D
Title: Re: Tetrapods
Post by: stevenfr on March 04, 2019, 12:38:51 pm
Thanks Bob, Wilson and Eric for the feedback on this image.
Title: Re: Tetrapods
Post by: PeterAit on March 05, 2019, 10:24:40 am
I confess to being lost. Tetrapod = four footed animal. Can someone clue me in?
Title: Re: Tetrapods
Post by: stevenfr on March 05, 2019, 10:53:01 am
This is an interesting article

Tetrapods article (https://www.japantimes.co.jp/life/2007/07/22/general/tetrapods/#.XH6bFBqIbmo)
Title: Re: Tetrapods
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on March 05, 2019, 11:23:14 am
This is an interesting article

Tetrapods article (https://www.japantimes.co.jp/life/2007/07/22/general/tetrapods/#.XH6bFBqIbmo)
Fascinating indeed.
Title: Re: Tetrapods
Post by: francois on March 08, 2019, 04:40:15 am
Nice one, I can only echo previous comments.
Bravo!
Title: Re: Tetrapods
Post by: Two23 on March 11, 2019, 09:39:33 pm
I especially like the colors.  I assume these are volcanic in origin?


Kent in SD
Title: Re: Tetrapods
Post by: stevenfr on March 11, 2019, 09:40:45 pm
Kent

I would think they are volcanic, given that this is Japan.

Steven
Title: Re: Tetrapods
Post by: armand on March 11, 2019, 11:11:32 pm
In the article you linked to it is mentioned they are made of concrete.
Title: Re: Tetrapods
Post by: stevenfr on March 11, 2019, 11:14:32 pm
I think Kent is referrng to the rocks in the water