Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Medium Format / Film / Digital Backs – and Large Sensor Photography => Topic started by: paulla on February 27, 2019, 11:02:33 am

Title: Hassy Flexbody with CFV39
Post by: paulla on February 27, 2019, 11:02:33 am
Hiya,

Are there any special cables needed to operate a Hasselblad Flexbody with a CFV39 digital back? I shoot with the CFV in the studio tethered, so I am familiar with the cable needed to synch. There is not much info out there on the web.

Thanks in advance,

Paul
Title: Re: Hassy Flexbody with CFV39
Post by: rxchaos on February 27, 2019, 02:28:46 pm
Quote
Are there any special cables needed to operate a Hasselblad Flexbody with a CFV39 digital back? I shoot with the CFV in the studio tethered, so I am familiar with the cable needed to synch. There is not much info out there on the web.

I use a CFV50c back with a Flexbody and have it tethered to a Macbook.  I think the CFV39 uses the same cables as the CFV50c, i.e.

- Firewire 800 cable to connect the digital back to the Macbook (via Firewire->Thunderbolt->USBc adapter)
- Flash sync cable (2.5mm male connector) between lens and Flash input port on the digital back
- 3.5mm male to male stereo aux cable to connect a Broncolor RFS transmitter (digital back Flash output port to Transmitter input port)


Title: Re: Hassy Flexbody with CFV39
Post by: paulla on February 27, 2019, 03:17:29 pm
I use a CFV50c back with a Flexbody and have it tethered to a Macbook.  I think the CFV39 uses the same cables as the CFV50c, i.e.

- Firewire 800 cable to connect the digital back to the Macbook (via Firewire->Thunderbolt->USBc adapter)
- Flash sync cable (2.5mm male connector) between lens and Flash input port on the digital back
- 3.5mm male to male stereo aux cable to connect a Broncolor RFS transmitter (digital back Flash output port to Transmitter input port)

Okay, so nothing special! I usually don't go from the lens to the CFV, and then the CFV to TX. But I know I can, and have in the past with one particular lens. Thanks for the feedback, and oh, one last question, any issues with live view while tethered?
Title: Re: Hassy Flexbody with CFV39
Post by: rxchaos on February 27, 2019, 04:51:21 pm
Quote
any issues with live view while tethered?

I don't seem to have any issues with live-view when tethered.