Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: Ivophoto on February 24, 2019, 02:17:26 pm

Title: And now for something completely different
Post by: Ivophoto on February 24, 2019, 02:17:26 pm
Some draft work for a Rockabilly fashion store.

(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190224/f70b555f9a84479d9141425c3d9e9ee7.jpg)

(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190224/ea2b2b5e4f5b51639bb39006e25bb62a.jpg)
Title: Re: And now for something completely different
Post by: RSL on February 24, 2019, 03:36:38 pm
 :) :D ;D Good stuff, Ivo.
Title: Re: And now for something completely different
Post by: Ivophoto on February 24, 2019, 04:06:43 pm
:) :D ;D Good stuff, Ivo.

Tx Russ
Title: Re: And now for something completely different
Post by: John R on February 24, 2019, 07:08:57 pm
Theses images tell me what I suspected all along, you have a lot of talent but for some reason try to show a lot of 'edgy' images that most don't like. Anyway, very nice work. Really like the clean white washed look, the props and layout. Makes everything look vibrant and color contrasty, yet soft in tone.

JR
Title: Re: And now for something completely different
Post by: Ivophoto on February 25, 2019, 03:48:39 am
Theses images tell me what I suspected all along, you have a lot of talent but for some reason try to show a lot of 'edgy' images that most don't like. Anyway, very nice work. Really like the clean white washed look, the props and layout. Makes everything look vibrant and color contrasty, yet soft in tone.

JR

Tx for your comment, John.

I could post some of my commissioned work, but I think nobody here is interested in real estate and I sell the copyright in most of the cases, so after being payed, the work is not mine anymore.

When I started on Lula,I stumbled into a rather conservative view on photographic style among the established members. While there is nothing wrong with a conservative appreciation of visual language , I was surprised by the sometimes hostile reactions on different approach. Sometimes it ended in a newsgroup worthy flame war, members ridiculing others insinuating that they didn’t know much about photography and even worse.
In a perhaps naive attempt to make my point of view clear I tried to draft a visual story by posting the edge of my photographic play field.

As far my personal portfolio is considered ,I don’t need a picture to be beautiful or liked, it’s my evolution as picture maker that counts. And of course, the appreciation of others does have it’s s impact on how I work, but it doesn’t dictate it.

I hope that explains a bit my ´edginess’

Cheers Ivo



Title: Re: And now for something completely different
Post by: Ivophoto on March 18, 2019, 05:01:30 am
Another one from this series.

(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190318/5b8a14f4dffb34cdfc620298efc7b362.jpg)