Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: Jeremy Roussak on February 23, 2019, 02:46:04 pm

Title: pair
Post by: Jeremy Roussak on February 23, 2019, 02:46:04 pm
White-tailed eagles.

Jeremy
Title: Re: pair
Post by: RSL on February 23, 2019, 02:50:44 pm
Good shooting, Jeremy. I know how hard it is to do this successfully. Almost as hard as successful street photography. Bravo!
Title: Re: pair
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on February 23, 2019, 04:46:01 pm
I agree.

Where did you find all these eagles?
Title: Re: pair
Post by: Jeremy Roussak on February 24, 2019, 01:07:23 pm
Good shooting, Jeremy. I know how hard it is to do this successfully. Almost as hard as successful street photography. Bravo!

Thanks, Russ. One thing I learned on this trip was that my 5Ds, while a wonderful camera in good light and with a tripod, has serious deficiencies for birding. The autofocus just isn't up to it, particularly when (as here), I'm using a 1.4x converter with a 100-400 fully zoomed.

Eric, there's a place in Hokkaido where they put out food for the birds (which are all wild) and people line up to take photographs. There's a good separation, of a couple of hundred yards, which is both frustrating and (since these things are huge) reassuring.

Jeremy