Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => Landscape Showcase => Topic started by: Hans Kruse on February 21, 2019, 12:11:07 pm

Title: Monsters on the Rock Face
Post by: Hans Kruse on February 21, 2019, 12:11:07 pm
Shot on Lofoten a couple of weeks ago. The photo was a small part of a huge rock face that I found by using my 100-400 lens to scan for patterns. I saw a number of faces and a huge bird taking off and later on at my computer screen I saw many more faces and some look like apes and monaters. Do you see them?


(https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7864/46253961465_2c26ca5c27_o.jpg) (https://flic.kr/p/2dtiDhe)Monsters on the Rock Face (https://flic.kr/p/2dtiDhe) by Hans Kruse (https://www.flickr.com/photos/hkruse/), on Flickr
Title: Re: Monsters on the Rock Face
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on February 21, 2019, 12:24:56 pm
Nice!
That's the kind of stuff I often look for.
Title: Re: Monsters on the Rock Face
Post by: guido on February 21, 2019, 01:51:09 pm
Fine image!
Title: Re: Monsters on the Rock Face
Post by: Paulo Bizarro on February 22, 2019, 05:53:01 am
Yup, quite intriguing.
Title: Re: Monsters on the Rock Face
Post by: RBFritz on February 23, 2019, 05:36:04 pm
I look for this stuff too. Glad I'm not the only one who looks at parts of a scene. Great shot!
Title: Re: Monsters on the Rock Face
Post by: Jonathan Cross on February 24, 2019, 01:24:29 pm
This made me rush off to my archive.  Some years ago I was on Eigg, an island in the Inner Hebrides off the west coast of Scotland.  At the back of a beach there is a narrow gap less than 6 feet (2m) wide going back in the cliff face.  There is a waterfall at the back.  It is quite spooky.  On looking at my image later, there are faces, a big one on the right, and one on the left in front of the water.  With a bit of imagination, there may be others.  Long ago, when superstition was prevalent among some remote communities, such sights could well have been the source of tales of elves, goblins, trolls and spirits.

Best wishes,

Jonathan