Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => Landscape Showcase => Topic started by: Hans Kruse on February 20, 2019, 01:10:25 pm

Title: Order and Chaos
Post by: Hans Kruse on February 20, 2019, 01:10:25 pm
Shot on Lofoten a couple of weeks ago.

(https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7843/32216487137_b70eb5d9d3_o.jpg) (https://flic.kr/p/R5RVdM)Order and Chaos (https://flic.kr/p/R5RVdM) by Hans Kruse (https://www.flickr.com/photos/hkruse/), on Flickr
Title: Re: Order and Chaos
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on February 20, 2019, 01:47:50 pm
Excellent, and perfectly suited to the black and white treatment.
Title: Re: Order and Chaos
Post by: Slobodan Blagojevic on February 20, 2019, 01:48:17 pm
+1
Title: Re: Order and Chaos
Post by: Dave (Isle of Skye) on February 20, 2019, 06:25:15 pm
Interesting foreground detail, jagged background detail and all brought together into a well though out composition, that is then topped off with a beautifully moody sky.

Excellent  :)

Dave
Title: Re: Order and Chaos
Post by: RBFritz on February 20, 2019, 07:02:58 pm
Well composed!
Title: Re: Order and Chaos
Post by: stamper on February 21, 2019, 04:06:09 am
Amazing!
Title: Re: Order and Chaos
Post by: Paulo Bizarro on February 21, 2019, 05:01:18 am
Excellent.
Title: Re: Order and Chaos
Post by: kers on February 21, 2019, 05:51:20 am
looks Good!
I wonder how it looks in colour; your usual choice?
Title: Re: Order and Chaos
Post by: francois on February 21, 2019, 07:23:09 am
Perfect for me… in fact, it almost looks like a movie set.
I like it a lot.
Title: Re: Order and Chaos
Post by: Kevin Gallagher on February 21, 2019, 08:39:05 am
Perfect for me… in fact, it almost looks like a movie set.
I like it a lot.

  Reminds me of Ice Station Zebra!! Brr, I do agree with the other posters though, very well done Hans!!
Title: Re: Order and Chaos
Post by: Hans Kruse on February 21, 2019, 11:51:11 am
Thanks very much for the comments and it is not so often I present b&w pictures. Especially since now Lightroom is very good for b&w using the b&w profiles I more often just make a virtual copy and process a b&w rather than the round trip to NIK Silver Efex Pro. Of course the scene should lend itself for a b&w interpretation.