Luminous Landscape Forum
The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: Slobodan Blagojevic on February 17, 2019, 05:34:47 pm
-
In December 2018, my daughter's college organized a study cruise trip to Jamaica, Cayman Islands, Mexico, and Cuba, to visit entrepreneurs in those countries. These are my photographic impressions, using Adobe Spark platform:
https://spark.adobe.com/page/7pcv5C67GiMV8/
-
Great pictures, Slobodan.
-
SUPERB! Great coverage, Slobodan. The title shot is absolutely killer. How long were you in Havana?
Isn't Adobe Spark great?
-
Well done, Slobodan! Your lead pix is killer!
-
Amazing set, and I agree that the cover shot is absolutely exceptional.
-
SUPERB! Great coverage, Slobodan. The title shot is absolutely killer. How long were you in Havana?
Isn't Adobe Spark great?
Thanks for the kind words. I was there two days.
-
Thanks all.
About that cover shot. I don’t know if it is visible at the posted size, but the man walking in the rain is on crutches. Quite a metaphor for the contemporary Cuba.
The irony is, it as taken on an iPhone. Not even my latest toy, XS Max, which really produces great (computational) photography, but my daughter’s 8. I did have my heavy artillery with me, but in a backpack. With five of us in the car, and backpack on the floor, pulling things out, changing lenses, etc., would have been rather cumbersome. I fried my iPhone the day before (don’t ask), so I just had enough time to ask my daughter for hers when I saw the scene developing in front of us.
-
Great set all, of them. Title shot is more proof that it's the photographer not the camera.
-
That’s a lovely collection. Thanks for sharing.
It.
-
Great set all, of them. Title shot is more proof that it's the photographer not the camera.
Absolutely. Although that iPhone is a damn good camera.
-
Hey, Slobodan.
Did anybody ever tell you that you are a great all-around photographer?
This is an amazing presentation (and clearly the eye of the photographer is more important than the equipment.)
Thanks for sharing it!
-
Remember when our extended families used to force us to endure several hours of their slides, "How we spent our summer" ?
This sir is not that experience. They would have needed to kick me out for wanting to go back over, pause, linger, and look again. A real nice treat, thank you for the travels.
-
You're a very accomplished photographer, Slobodan.
Had you been active in photography through the late 60s, the 70s and on up to digital, you'd have made a killing in stock when stock was well worth the doing.
Had I a hat on, I'd take it off to you.
Rob
-
I thought the title photo was posted here awhile back.
“Monkey Business” is a photo in its own right.
-
Yep, these are a terrific set. Some serious cigars too!
-Dave-
-
Hey, Slobodan.
Did anybody ever tell you that you are a great all-around photographer?
This is an amazing presentation (and clearly the eye of the photographer is more important than the equipment.)
Thanks for sharing it!
He is also a good writer.
-
I thought the title photo was posted here awhile back.
“Monkey Business” is a photo in its own right.
Thanks (for the Monkey Business).
Yes, several shots were posted here before. I just thought that the Spark platform is a nice way of presenting a visual narrative and tie them all together coherently.
-
Yep, it sure is nice platform and so is the work!
JR
-
In December 2018, my daughter's college organized a study cruise trip to Jamaica, Cayman Islands, Mexico, and Cuba, to visit entrepreneurs in those countries. These are my photographic impressions, using Adobe Spark platform:
https://spark.adobe.com/page/7pcv5C67GiMV8/
Good work indeed.
-
In December 2018, my daughter's college organized a study cruise trip to Jamaica, Cayman Islands, Mexico, and Cuba, to visit entrepreneurs in those countries. These are my photographic impressions, using Adobe Spark platform:
https://spark.adobe.com/page/7pcv5C67GiMV8/
Slobodan,
I’m trying Spark as well, how do you share the work you make on Spark?
What template do you use for these scrollable stories?
-
Slobodan,
I’m trying Spark as well, how do you share the work you make on Spark?
What template do you use for these scrollable stories?
Once you are done with creating/editing a story, there will be this "Share" link:
As for templates, there is about a dozen to choose from, or create your own. You do not have to commit to one in the beginning. You can create the story and then work through templates to see which one is the most suitable. Even if you use canned templates, certain elements are customizable.
For 2018, I used my own color palette (ahmmm, lack of color - gray) and I tweaked their font selection a bit.
-
Once you are done with creating/editing a story, there will be this "Share" link:
As for templates, there is about a dozen to choose from, or create your own. You do not have to commit to one in the beginning. You can create the story and then work through templates to see which one is the most suitable. Even if you use canned templates, certain elements are customizable.
For 2018, I used my own color palette (ahmmm, lack of color - gray) and I tweaked their font selection a bit.
Thanks Slobodan.
-
In December 2018, my daughter's college organized a study cruise trip to Jamaica, Cayman Islands, Mexico, and Cuba, to visit entrepreneurs in those countries. These are my photographic impressions, using Adobe Spark platform:
https://spark.adobe.com/page/7pcv5C67GiMV8/
Lovely pix, and some of yur shots of Cuba bring back memories from my trip in 2017. But I am not impressed with the Spark platform. Doesn't it have a way to move discretely from one photo to the next?
-
Lovely pix, and some of yur shots of Cuba bring back memories from my trip in 2017. But I am not impressed with the Spark platform. Doesn't it have a way to move discretely from one photo to the next?
If you click on a photo, it will be displayed alone. Then you can use arows to move back and forth, within a group of photos. Is that what you meant?
-
If you click on a photo, it will be displayed alone. Then you can use arows to move back and forth, within a group of photos. Is that what you meant?
Yes, much better! Thanks.
-
Great shots, interesting to see this platform.
-
I like the cover shot the most, a stunner!
-
I like the cover shot the most, a stunner!
A little bragging - 2018 International Photography Awards:
-
A little bragging - 2018 International Photography Awards:
Congratulations to you!