Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => Landscape Showcase => Topic started by: Hans Kruse on February 16, 2019, 12:02:13 pm

Title: Light on the lonely Tree
Post by: Hans Kruse on February 16, 2019, 12:02:13 pm
Shot in the Dolomites in Val di Funes in June 2017. Near Santa Maddalena.

(https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7841/46388887124_c12d77c4b9_o.jpg) (https://flic.kr/p/2dFeaYG)Light on the lonely Tree (https://flic.kr/p/2dFeaYG) by Hans Kruse (https://www.flickr.com/photos/hkruse/), on Flickr
Title: Re: Light on the lonely Tree
Post by: Slobodan Blagojevic on February 16, 2019, 12:49:06 pm
Simply beautiful. Or beautifully simple.
Title: Re: Light on the lonely Tree
Post by: Patricia Sheley on February 16, 2019, 01:01:05 pm
This solitary (probably not lonely) tree exudes happy contentment to have settled into this location of first, or last, light in this expanse of quiet beauty. She has found the very best of companionship. Lovely Hans.
Title: Re: Light on the lonely Tree
Post by: Paulo Bizarro on February 18, 2019, 10:26:25 am
Simplicity at its best.
Title: Re: Light on the lonely Tree
Post by: Hans Kruse on February 21, 2019, 11:52:05 am
Thanks very much for the comments.
Title: Re: Light on the lonely Tree
Post by: Rajan Parrikar on February 21, 2019, 01:14:18 pm
Problem is, I don’t see the tree unless I swipe left on the iPad. I wish the site owners would attend to this. This is a site devoted to photography and the photo display capabilities are abysmal.
Title: Re: Light on the lonely Tree
Post by: Hans Kruse on February 22, 2019, 04:49:09 am
Problem is, I don’t see the tree unless I swipe left on the iPad. I wish the site owners would attend to this. This is a site devoted to photography and the photo display capabilities are abysmal.

I use Tapatalk on the iPad and iPhone and all images are shown without issues.
Title: Re: Light on the lonely Tree
Post by: OnlyNorth on February 22, 2019, 06:14:55 am
Nice,Nice......Nice
Title: Re: Light on the lonely Tree
Post by: Jeremy Roussak on February 22, 2019, 12:55:38 pm
Problem is, I don’t see the tree unless I swipe left on the iPad. I wish the site owners would attend to this. This is a site devoted to photography and the photo display capabilities are abysmal.

Rajan, this particular photo is a link to an external image and I'm not sure there's much that can be done about how it's displayed. Uploaded images are another matter, of course; if they're larger than a certain size, they open in a separate window.

Jeremy
Title: Re: Light on the lonely Tree
Post by: Hans Kruse on February 22, 2019, 01:11:49 pm
Rajan, this particular photo is a link to an external image and I'm not sure there's much that can be done about how it's displayed. Uploaded images are another matter, of course; if they're larger than a certain size, they open in a separate window.

Jeremy

The image from Flickr is too large for the Safari browser on the iPad. As mentioned in my response Tapatalk does it just fine.
Title: Re: Light on the lonely Tree
Post by: Rajan Parrikar on February 22, 2019, 03:03:54 pm
Thanks, Hans & Jeremy. I guess I will try Tapatalk.
Title: Re: Light on the lonely Tree
Post by: NancyP on February 22, 2019, 08:37:31 pm
Lovely simplicity.