Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: abozakaria on February 13, 2019, 10:42:03 am

Title: HP Z3200 Starweel Motor
Post by: abozakaria on February 13, 2019, 10:42:03 am
Hi all
For the second time within 3 years HP Z3200 starweel Motor breaks (Plastic that hold gears)
 and I have to replace it
Why this happen ???Is this normal every 3 years change one ?!!!
Title: Re: HP Z3200 Starweel Motor
Post by: Ernst Dinkla on February 15, 2019, 10:33:29 am
Hi all
For the second time within 3 years HP Z3200 starweel Motor breaks (Plastic that hold gears)
 and I have to replace it
Why this happen ???Is this normal every 3 years change one ?!!!

Odd, never happened here with machines over a decade used. The starwheel bar deformed, does not lift easily by that or another friction problem? Heavy curled paper your usual choice?

Met vriendelijke groet, Ernst

http://www.pigment-print.com/spectralplots/spectrumviz_1.htm
March 2017 update, 750+ inkjet media white spectral plots
Title: Re: HP Z3200 Starweel Motor
Post by: glyph on February 15, 2019, 05:40:32 pm
Same experience here. In over 10 years of Z usage, I have never had an issue with that motor. The only plastic gears that I have had fail were with the paper transport mechanism in my Z3100 years ago.
Title: Re: HP Z3200 Starweel Motor
Post by: deanwork on February 15, 2019, 07:21:33 pm

In twelve years of use of the z3100 I’ve never heard of it either. Never even thought about that motor.

Same experience here. In over 10 years of Z usage, I have never had an issue with that motor. The only plastic gears that I have had fail were with the paper transport mechanism in my Z3100 years ago.