Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: petermfiore on February 13, 2019, 09:54:58 am

Title: Street Race
Post by: petermfiore on February 13, 2019, 09:54:58 am
Street Race...

Peter
Title: Re: Street Race
Post by: John R on February 13, 2019, 10:05:36 am
Very cool Peter. 1/8 of sec panned? The blue flare is real bonus!

JR
Title: Re: Street Race
Post by: Slobodan Blagojevic on February 13, 2019, 10:22:22 am
Nice!
Title: Re: Street Race
Post by: David Eckels on February 13, 2019, 11:12:17 am
Nice!
Oh yes!
Title: Re: Street Race
Post by: mbaginy on February 13, 2019, 11:40:08 am
Wow!, now that's speed!  A great shot!
Title: Re: Street Race
Post by: petermfiore on February 13, 2019, 12:19:40 pm
Very cool Peter. 1/8 of sec panned? The blue flare is real bonus!

JR


It was 1/4 sec.  I believe. Last night’s ice and snow storm in NYC
Title: Re: Street Race
Post by: petermfiore on February 13, 2019, 01:22:45 pm
Thanks all for looking and taking the time to comment...

Peter
Title: Re: Street Race
Post by: RSL on February 13, 2019, 01:49:46 pm
Wow! Very nice, Peter! Don't know how I missed it earlier today. On the other hand, I'm bringing up a new computer, so maybe that's why.
Title: Re: Street Race
Post by: petermfiore on February 13, 2019, 01:52:56 pm
Wow! Very nice, Peter! Don't know how I missed it earlier today. On the other hand, I'm bringing up a new computer, so maybe that's why.

Hi Russ,
New computer, both exciting and what evil lurks around the next corner. LOL

Peter
Title: Re: Street Race
Post by: RSL on February 13, 2019, 03:00:28 pm
Hated to have to do it. My much-loved Windows 7 machine finally showed signs of becoming long in the tooth and shaky in its limbs. It would simply freeze from time to time. So I decided I was tired of freezing computers and blew out with 64 gigs of memory, a 1T flash drive plus a 1T spinner, and the newest top-of-the-line CPU that's water cooled. It's a screamer. But I still have more stuff to load and configure. It'll be a while.
Title: Re: Street Race
Post by: petermfiore on February 13, 2019, 03:09:20 pm
Hated to have to do it. My much-loved Windows 7 machine finally showed signs of becoming long in the tooth and shaky in its limbs. It would simply freeze from time to time. So I decided I was tired of freezing computers and blew out with 64 gigs of memory, a 1T flash drive plus a 1T spinner, and the newest top-of-the-line CPU that's water cooled. It's a screamer. But I still have more stuff to load and configure. It'll be a while.

A Water cooled CPU? Please enlighten me..... ;~ )

Peter
Title: Re: Street Race
Post by: RSL on February 13, 2019, 03:18:53 pm
Hi Peter, I had a local outfit construct the beast for me. Here's the water cooling installation: https://www.walmart.com/ip/Corsair-CW-9060025-WW-Hydro-Series-H100i-v2-240mm-Radiator-Dual-120mm-PWM-fans-Advanced-RGB-Lighting-Fan-control-software-Liquid-CPU-Cooler-CW-906002/49753912?wmlspartner=wlpa&selectedSellerId=339&adid=22222222227037247006&wl0=&wl1=g&wl2=c&wl3=85884226714&wl4=pla-189792779794&wl5=9012406&wl6=&wl7=&wl8=&wl9=pla&wl10=111830352&wl11=online&wl12=49753912&wl13=&veh=sem&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIoKLG4MK54AIVyYqzCh1nlQUYEAkYCyABEgIoLfD_BwE
Title: Re: Street Race
Post by: petermfiore on February 13, 2019, 03:21:01 pm
Hi Peter, I had a local outfit construct the beast for me. Here's the water cooling installation: https://www.walmart.com/ip/Corsair-CW-9060025-WW-Hydro-Series-H100i-v2-240mm-Radiator-Dual-120mm-PWM-fans-Advanced-RGB-Lighting-Fan-control-software-Liquid-CPU-Cooler-CW-906002/49753912?wmlspartner=wlpa&selectedSellerId=339&adid=22222222227037247006&wl0=&wl1=g&wl2=c&wl3=85884226714&wl4=pla-189792779794&wl5=9012406&wl6=&wl7=&wl8=&wl9=pla&wl10=111830352&wl11=online&wl12=49753912&wl13=&veh=sem&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIoKLG4MK54AIVyYqzCh1nlQUYEAkYCyABEgIoLfD_BwE

Amazing...

Peter
Title: Re: Street Race
Post by: RSL on February 13, 2019, 03:44:09 pm
Yeah. I was amazed too. I haven't followed hardware development much since I shut down my little software company and retired to shoot pictures. The tower on the floor next to my leg at the moment would have been considered a supercomputer in 1977 when I retired from the Air Force and started doing software engineering.