Luminous Landscape Forum
The Art of Photography => Landscape Showcase => Topic started by: 3_Dogs on February 09, 2019, 10:50:24 pm
-
Having a little trouble nailing the color down on this
-
My go-to technique to deal with such a situation, if all else fails, is to convert to black & white... :) Blue clouds don't look natural so something went awry with selecting the correct temperature?
Seriously though, it will look spectacular if you do a black and white conversion. Those clouds are to die for!
:Niranjan.
-
I agree with Nirjan.
-
This looks like a canned HDR, which tends to produce garish colors. Not to mention huge halos around the rock.
-
This looks like a canned HDR, which tends to produce garish colors. Not to mention huge halos around the rock.
My point exactly.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
-
Too much color for Utah's color country! :-) Here's a b&w conversion through Nik, Wet Rocks with canned blue filter, then burning the halo and dodging the monolith. I think I have something similar of the Tower from maybe 40 years ago during my previous life as a b&w film Ansel Adams wannabe. My apologies in advance if I've taken too much liberty.
-
Larry, that halo is like an eternal flame, you may burn it for thousand of years, it will still be there 😉
-
Very true, Slobodan! Did what I could do quickly to help bring it down:-)
-
There is a much simpler solution: for God’s sake, do not ever use a canned HDR.
-
Thanks everyone - it's back to the drawing board! :D
-
Alternatively process the land using your HDR with perhaps a touch less saturation and mask in a sky that has not been HDR'd. Ken
-
Alternatively process the land using your HDR with perhaps a touch less saturation and mask in a sky that has not been HDR'd. Ken
I learned about those haloes the hard way, I'd not noticed them around the branches of the trees I'd published until somebody pointed it out to me.
I benefited by learning something I wasn't aware of and that the scene didn't need HDR at all :( :(
Now I know a little better ;D