Luminous Landscape Forum
The Art of Photography => Landscape Showcase => Topic started by: Rajan Parrikar on February 04, 2019, 06:05:15 pm
-
Alien Colony (https://blog.parrikar.com/2019/02/04/alien-colony/) - in Grindavík, Iceland.
-
That's not the one where they grow tomatoes and bananas, is it?
We visited that one in 1974.
-
Alien, definitely! Well, growing bananas (and other fruits) in Iceland is interesting and certainly needs some alien-style equipment!
Well done.
-
Spooky!
-
Eric, Francois, Paul - thank you.
Eric - this greenhouse in Grindavík is used to grow barley. See this link. (https://www.hortidaily.com/article/6045471/iceland-growing-barley-in-the-middle-of-nowhere/) I suspect you may have gone to the greenhouses in Flúðir. (https://fridheimar.is/en/horticulture)
I wanted to get a higher view with the drone but it was very windy with a threat of imminent rain, and so I didn't want to risk it.
-
Nice that second image
-
Rajan,
I think you are right about Flúðir.
Your Grindavik greenhouse looks very other-worldly.
-
Prefer the first. Looks less alien but the framing is very nice.