Luminous Landscape Forum
The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: Jeremy Roussak on January 31, 2019, 03:36:38 pm
-
?
Jeremy
-
Very fine, Jeremy.
-
Very fine, Jeremy.
Yes, I agree with that
-
Yes, I agree with that
Me, too.
(although the minimalist "+1" would have been more appropriate. ) ;)
Eric
-
Me, too.
(although the minimalist "+1" would have been more appropriate. ) ;)
Eric
+0.1 ;D
-
Elegant, minimalist, clean but so nice!
Well done.
-
I like the concept, but I'd like to see it just a bit softer in execution. On a large monitor, the texture of the snow, and the stark "weediness" of the, er, weed, come across as slightly harsh and downplay the quiet cold and muted light that I feel "ought" to be in play here.
-
I like the concept, but I'd like to see it just a bit softer in execution. On a large monitor, the texture of the snow, and the stark "weediness" of the, er, weed, come across as slightly harsh and downplay the quiet cold and muted light that I feel "ought" to be in play here.
I would say, trying to extract "softer" look, may be doable in PP, but the fact is the exposure is commensurate with the harsh light. What I do is wait for the sun to go partially behind a cloud, if indeed there is some clouds around. This may be just my preference, but my inclination is to crop some of the bottom so that the image is less static and there is more visual interplay between the oblique angle and shadow on the left. The current "rule of thirds" position of the weed, is too static to my eyes.
JR
-
I would say, trying to extract "softer" look, may be doable in PP, but the fact is the exposure is commensurate with the harsh light. What I do is wait for the sun to go partially behind a cloud, if indeed there is some clouds around. This may be just my preference, but my inclination is to crop some of the bottom so that the image is less static and there is more visual interplay between the oblique angle and shadow on the left. The current "rule of thirds" position of the weed, is too static to my eyes.
JR
That's a great call, John. Along those same lines, if you DID crop the bottom, you could also crop the right, bringing the plant into the lower right corner, which then plays even more against the depth in the top right. It would be a very nontraditional composition, but it would be an interesting offset of material against a white space diagonal middle.
-
I could see cropping off some of the bottom, but I wouldn't want to omit any of the shadow on the right of the plant.
-
I could see cropping off some of the bottom, but I wouldn't want to omit any of the shadow on the right of the plant.
And I'd get rid of the shadow altogether :). Funny huh? :)
-
Leave it alone, Jeremy. It's fine just as it is.
-
Leave it alone, Jeremy. It's fine just as it is.
+1.
-
I agree with RSL. +1