Luminous Landscape Forum
Site & Board Matters => About This Site => Topic started by: JeffS on January 29, 2019, 09:53:17 pm
-
Alain incorrectly notes that neither the P600 nor the P800 have user replaceable ink tanks. The P800 certainly has an easily replaceable maintenance tank, just like its predecessor 3800/3880 series. There are many more informative articles on these printers, including here on LuLa, as well as at Northlight and elsewhere.
Jeff
-
You mean user replaceable maintenance tanks. The P800 tank is user replaceable as you say, but whatever maintenance ink collection system the P600 contains, it is not user-accessible. That said, there does NOT appear to be a history accumulating of P600 users running into problems because of this.
-
Exactly. But that’s not what Alain wrote. Your articles (as I inferred) were far more comprehensive... and accurate. I hope to read more printer related posts from you.
Jeff
-
Thanks - appreciated.
-
Alain incorrectly notes that neither the P600 nor the P800 have user replaceable ink tanks. The P800 certainly has an easily replaceable maintenance tank, just like its predecessor 3800/3880 series. There are many more informative articles on these printers, including here on LuLa, as well as at Northlight and elsewhere.
Jeff
Hi Jeff,
It's fixed. Thank you for pointing that out. Much appreciated :-)
Best regards,
Alain
-
Also, you can connect a 'printer potty' and bypass the p600 ink waste pad altogether...I did that on my p600. Works great. Connected it before I started using the printer cause it was out of warranty anyway. Printer bought december 2015. Didn't plug it in until early 2018. Long story. Older family getting sick, having to travel a lot, no time to print, priorities elsewhere, etc...
-
I have a P600 that is my utility printer. Everything from photos to 13x19 color charts (for my wife's work), to the occasional color-containing document for my consulting work. It's been ridden hard. I've owned it since they were released. Still working fine.
Has anyone here, who uses the P600 ever had it quit because of the waste-ink-pad error message?
Rand
-
It's actually quite uncommon from what I understand. However, if you do get that warning, you can buy a reset key to get the printer to print again (it will shut down if the ink waste tank is full). Of course the ink waste tank will still be full but with careful monitoring and cleaning you will be able to use the printer longer.
I did not need to do that with the P600 so far however I did it with an Epson XP-610 which I use for business printing and it continues to print well after the reset. I did have to clean up the extra ink on the ink pad because the ink waste being full it does overflow. However, as ink dries (which happens quite fast in Arizona due to the low humidity) the ink waste level tends to drop which may explain why the printer continues to be usable. My guess is that this 'fix' may not work as well in humid climates.