Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => Landscape Showcase => Topic started by: Paulo Bizarro on January 28, 2019, 05:20:55 am

Title: My first on 2019
Post by: Paulo Bizarro on January 28, 2019, 05:20:55 am
Sunrise in Carcavelos, on a cold morning.

Regards.
Title: Re: My first on 2019
Post by: KMRennie on January 28, 2019, 06:47:12 am
Colours are great and I like the different water textures but a slight tilt down on the right I think. Ken
Title: Re: My first on 2019
Post by: RogTallbloke on January 28, 2019, 07:18:26 am
I think the dominating angle across the foreground makes the slight fall on the horizon insignificant. But never mind the levels, enjoy those colours! Wonderful.
Title: Re: My first on 2019
Post by: francois on January 28, 2019, 07:46:26 am
Very nice and serene with those soft colors. The textures in the diagonal gives some life.
I like it a lot and it's an excellent beginning for 2019.
Title: Re: My first on 2019
Post by: Paulo Bizarro on January 28, 2019, 08:14:43 am
Thanks all.

P.S. I think what some are seeing as tilt is just an effect of the distant fog; the fog is thicker to the right on the horizon, and masks the horizon.
Title: Re: My first on 2019
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on January 28, 2019, 08:15:07 am
The actual horizon (which is NOT the sloping dark area on the water near the top) seems perfectly level.
Lovely image!
Title: Re: My first on 2019
Post by: HSakols on January 28, 2019, 08:34:15 am
What a keeper!!!  Nice job!
Title: Re: My first on 2019
Post by: churly on January 28, 2019, 10:54:52 am
Very nice!
Also - really enjoyed your last blog post.  :D
Chuck
Title: Re: My first on 2019
Post by: Slobodan Blagojevic on January 28, 2019, 11:06:43 am
...a slight tilt down on the right I think. Ken

Yes. 0.28 degrees.
Title: Re: My first on 2019
Post by: Bob_B on January 29, 2019, 08:29:50 am
Yes. 0.28 degrees.
Is that figure on the level?  ;)
Title: Re: My first on 2019
Post by: thierrylegros396 on January 30, 2019, 04:20:00 am
Very nice and serene with those soft colors. The textures in the diagonal gives some life.
I like it a lot and it's an excellent beginning for 2019.

+1, especially for the wave texture.

Thierry