Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Medium Format / Film / Digital Backs – and Large Sensor Photography => Topic started by: rollsman44 on January 25, 2019, 09:34:10 pm

Title: Hasselblad H3D II-31 H3D 31MP Medium Format SLR Camera w/ 80mm f/2.8 HC Lens
Post by: rollsman44 on January 25, 2019, 09:34:10 pm
  I have used MF cameras in the past and went to Nikon Z6. I wanted a camera that I can have fun with since I am now retired. I know the weight is on the heavy side But I can deal with that especially when I use a tripod to shoot some portraits of family and friends and some landscapes when I travel.   I was looking at this camera and Just this ONE lens . Any suggestions or Why I should not buy this camera and lens?   I know the ISO max is about 400 but thats ok with me. Getting older and need  to maintain the IQ and the MED Format I use to shoot with. Thank you  Also. the prices are down now. about 2700-3200 depending on condition and number of actuations. 
Title: Re: Hasselblad H3D II-31 H3D 31MP Medium Format SLR Camera w/ 80mm f/2.8 HC Lens
Post by: eronald on January 26, 2019, 06:28:26 am
  I have used MF cameras in the past and went to Nikon Z6. I wanted a camera that I can have fun with since I am now retired. I know the weight is on the heavy side But I can deal with that especially when I use a tripod to shoot some portraits of family and friends and some landscapes when I travel.   I was looking at this camera and Just this ONE lens . Any suggestions or Why I should not buy this camera and lens?   I know the ISO max is about 400 but thats ok with me. Getting older and need  to maintain the IQ and the MED Format I use to shoot with. Thank you  Also. the prices are down now. about 2700-3200 depending on condition and number of actuations.

You seem to have sold a bunch of MF cameras on this forum -with no buyer complaints-  including a Fuji GFX, two Pentax cameras and lately an H5D40 for a fairly reasonable price of $3550, so I think you're more of a hands-on expert on medium format than most of us here, Doug and Steve excepted.

https://forum.luminous-landscape.com/index.php?topic=125482.msg1051434#msg1051434

Edmund

Title: Re: Hasselblad H3D II-31 H3D 31MP Medium Format SLR Camera w/ 80mm f/2.8 HC Lens
Post by: rollsman44 on January 26, 2019, 07:58:17 am
  Yes you are correct. I guess its the Boredom that has made me buy and sell. Crazy ?  Maybe but I know what I need now at this point in my RETIRED life
   I will stay with the Z6 . I will remove this post and I appreciate your response. Take care   Dennis
Title: Re: Hasselblad H3D II-31 H3D 31MP Medium Format SLR Camera w/ 80mm f/2.8 HC Lens
Post by: eronald on January 26, 2019, 08:13:15 am
  Yes you are correct. I guess its the Boredom that has made me buy and sell. Crazy ?  Maybe but I know what I need now at this point in my RETIRED life
   I will stay with the Z6 . I will remove this post and I appreciate your response. Take care   Dennis

Personally, I think the old Hassies are interesting objects, and some people even like the "fat pixel" look of the very old 20MP backs :)
But I think the H5D40 you had is probably the most prcatically usable of the old CCD Hassy systems.

Edmund
Title: Re: Hasselblad H3D II-31 H3D 31MP Medium Format SLR Camera w/ 80mm f/2.8 HC Lens
Post by: rollsman44 on January 26, 2019, 12:13:14 pm
Hi Edmund, you are so right about the Hassy H5D40.  Those prices are still up there and being retired and having very little work to do.I need to find a GREAT deal on one of those. Then I just might look into it.  Thank you for all your responses and Knowledge of the subject.  Dennis