Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => Landscape Showcase => Topic started by: RogTallbloke on January 22, 2019, 04:58:10 pm

Title: English Lake District: Great Langdale
Post by: RogTallbloke on January 22, 2019, 04:58:10 pm
I just got back from a snowy and cold trip to Langdale. It was worth the climb to get this panorama overlooking the valley.

(https://tallsnaps.files.wordpress.com/2019/01/lingmoor-fell.jpg)

Turning round the other way, I caught this view of Pavey Ark overlooking Stickle tarn.

(https://tallsnaps.files.wordpress.com/2019/01/pavey-ark.jpg)

Nikon 1 J5 with 18.5mm F1.8 prime lens.
Title: Re: English Lake District: Great Langdale
Post by: sdwilsonsct on January 24, 2019, 11:34:28 am
Nice! Cropping off the figures in #1 leaves a well-balanced, engaging shot. IMO.
Title: Re: English Lake District: Great Langdale
Post by: RogTallbloke on January 28, 2019, 07:10:32 am
Thanks for the feedback. In retrospect, I agree. The question remaining is how far to go? For screen viewing, probably a bit more cropped. For hanging, maybe a bit less.