Luminous Landscape Forum
The Art of Photography => Landscape Showcase => Topic started by: Hans Kruse on January 20, 2019, 04:06:24 pm
-
A pano from Umbria in the Monte Sibbilini National Park.
(https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7826/46762256122_71ec0030b8_o.jpg) (https://flic.kr/p/2efdMzd)Rolling Hills in the Light. (https://flic.kr/p/2efdMzd) by Hans Kruse (https://www.flickr.com/photos/hkruse/), on Flickr
-
Your photos always brings a smile, Hans! ;D
-
Is that village Castelluccio a little left of center?
Has any of it been rebuilt since the earthquake a few years ago?
That was one of my favorite places on our Italian trip in 2004.
-
More fine stuff, Hans. Bravo!
-
Thanks guys :) And to Eric's question: I was there in May 2018 and the attached pictures shows first the landscape with Castelluccio in the background and then a crop of the same image which shows the destruction. It will take years before this is rebuilt.
-
Superb!
-
Well done.
-
Thanks for those, Hans.
We stayed for two nights in the Taverna in Castelluccio. Lovely people. And we brought home a bag of the wonderful, tiny Castelluccio lentils, which we cooked up to celebrate the next New Year's Day.
-
Thanks for the comments and Eric, I'm glad you liked it in Castelluccio. A wonderful village in an amazing place. From there I shot the following picture of the lental fields below.
(https://farm1.staticflickr.com/455/19558641521_187e667cc4_o.jpg) (https://flic.kr/p/vNk9Hg)Colorful fields of Umbria (https://flic.kr/p/vNk9Hg) by Hans Kruse (https://www.flickr.com/photos/hkruse/), on Flickr
-
Thanks for that, Hans.
Oh, those delicious lentils! And the lovely fields!
-
Oh, those delicious lentils! And the lovely fields!
I agree. About the fields, anyway. Never been fond of lentils.
Jeremy
-
Thanks for the comments and Eric, I'm glad you liked it in Castelluccio. A wonderful village in an amazing place. From there I shot the following picture of the lental fields below.
(https://farm1.staticflickr.com/455/19558641521_187e667cc4_o.jpg) (https://flic.kr/p/vNk9Hg)Colorful fields of Umbria (https://flic.kr/p/vNk9Hg) by Hans Kruse (https://www.flickr.com/photos/hkruse/), on Flickr
Nice tapestry and those colors are rich.
Beautiful, really!