Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => Landscape Showcase => Topic started by: Stephen Girimont on January 19, 2019, 01:50:41 pm

Title: Contrasting Similarities 5+ years apart
Post by: Stephen Girimont on January 19, 2019, 01:50:41 pm
A bit over 5 years ago, I shot an image on the James River in Richmond, Virginia I titled "Bonsai Garden" that showed light colored trees against a dark background.

A little over three years ago, I noticed a small group of trees on a farm south of Leesburg, Virginia that I knew would make an excellent companion to Bonsai Garden, if I could just capture the scene in the right conditions. My patience was rewarded last week, when we got those conditions in the form of a snowstorm that dumped a foot of snow on us. "Winter Bonsai" was taken at the height of that storm.

Title: Re: Contrasting Similarities 5+ years apart
Post by: Slobodan Blagojevic on January 19, 2019, 02:07:30 pm
Both very nice. Love the luscious blacks.
Title: Re: Contrasting Similarities 5+ years apart
Post by: Rajan Parrikar on January 22, 2019, 11:46:23 am
Lovely, both of them.
Title: Re: Contrasting Similarities 5+ years apart
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on January 22, 2019, 01:28:26 pm
They make a lovely pair.
Title: Re: Contrasting Similarities 5+ years apart
Post by: John R on January 22, 2019, 02:44:09 pm
Very nice indeed.

JR
Title: Re: Contrasting Similarities 5+ years apart
Post by: D Fuller on January 22, 2019, 03:03:00 pm
I love these, especially the winter.
Title: Re: Contrasting Similarities 5+ years apart
Post by: Paulo Bizarro on January 23, 2019, 05:01:08 am
Very nice.