Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: henrikolsen on January 19, 2019, 07:27:40 am
-
Don't know when this problem has sneaked in, but in several apps the printer driver options like media type, quality settings etc seem to be broken (at least regarding the UI). When printing from Lightroom it looks right, but from Preview, ColorSync and others it look weird now. Print options used to be split in Quality & Media, Paper Detailed Settings etc, now it's in a long ugly list under Printer Features, with unknown options and duplicates included. Not comfortable. See screenshots.
Seeing it on two different installations. Running macOS 10.14.2 with Canon driver 19.10.0.0.
Anyone else seeing this, and know when it started to look broken like this? Or even have a fix?
-
It appears Apple has once again put us back in color management hell :(
That the driver menu looks fundamentally different for Apple apps compared to Adobe Apps in OS Mojave is not just with the Pro-1000. All of my printers (Epson P600, HPZ3200, Canon Pro-1 and 1000) show a new and unconventional interface when comparing Apple apps to Adobe apps. I just checked Pages, Preview, and ColorSync versus Adobe Color Printer Utility and PSCC. Adobe apps appear as they always have, Apple apps have moved the cheese!
I could otherwise cope with the new pull down menu called "printer features", but not when additional submenu items leave one guessing as to which settings match up with Adobe settings, e.g. printer resolution, print quality, etc? For this reason, I have recently had to go back to Adobe Color Printer Utility to make profiling targets. Although both ACPU and ACU enable a no color adjust workflow (i.e., print as target in ACU), I can't choose the driver settings with any confidence since the MacOS app submenu settings no longer match those found in Adobe apps.
Wishing it weren't so...maybe other folks might have a better answer.
-
I could otherwise cope with the new pull down menu called "printer features", but not when additional submenu items leave one guessing as to which settings match up with Adobe settings, e.g. printer resolution, print quality, etc? For this reason, I have recently had to go back to Adobe Color Printer Utility to make profiling targets. Although both ACPU and ACU enable a no color adjust workflow (i.e., print as target in ACU), I can't choose the driver settings with any confidence since the MacOS app submenu settings no longer match those found in Adobe apps.
Exactly. Only that I cannot even use ACPU. When selecting my usual target tiffs the old ACPU interface goes black and hangs. Great.
-
try printing via the ColorSync utility. there is a pulldown that lets you print 'print as target'.