Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: rdonson on January 18, 2019, 03:06:44 pm
-
Lightroom 2018 8.1 Release Build 1200465
Mac OS Mojave 10.14.2
A question about "Media Type" in the print driver.
What appears under "Fine Art Paper" is all grayed out. I might have guessed "UltraSmooth Fine Art Paper" but its grayed out.
Perhaps this is another example of Epson printer driver files not where they belong?
I would appreciate some help.
-
Maybe a dumb question at this point, but do you have the Series driver or the Airprint driver active?
Also, is your ink on PK or MK?
-
when you select the paper size in the driver, there is *probably* an additional level of pulldown menu that lets you select which of the input trays to use. Most of the Fine Art papers *require* the manual feed (mmm, thats front on the 800, right? (rear on 3880))
-
That could well be the issue.
-
Thanks, Howard and Mark!!!!
While I had loaded the sheet in the front loader I had NOT specified that in the "Page Setup" as "US Letter (Front Poster Board)".
Once that was done. I was able to go to "Printer Settings" and select "Watercolor Paper - Radiant White" as recommended by Breathing Color for this paper.
I guess I just got too anxious to print on the new paper and my brain short circuited. ::)
Anyway, my initial impression is that this is a remarkable matte paper.
-
You are welcome Ron. What is remarkable about the paper?
-
Mark,
I'll hold judgement until it has sufficiently dried down but..... at first blush the blacks and colors are impressive to me for a matte paper. I use the print evaluation target attached as a reference. I do NOT have the necessary equipment to measure the prints though. My unscientific impressions are done by eye and comparison to other papers I use.
-
Fair enough, thanks Ron.
-
Not a hijack..............
A 'sleeper' paper that Mark wrote about, Canon FineArt Smooth Rag is also really good w/ excellent Dmax. I think at least on par w/ Epson Hot/Cold but I haven't checked.
And you're also right about the RR PaloDuro Smooth not having the deep blacks.
-
Fair enough, thanks Ron.
Mark, I neglected to mention one of the benefits of the paper that I like and that drove me to this paper. The availability of 17x25" sheets. That size is available from some other paper companies as well but it is NOT available from all, especially EPSON. I like that size more than 17x23" which seems to be far more prevalent for reasons I can't understand.