Luminous Landscape Forum
The Art of Photography => The Coffee Corner => Topic started by: Slobodan Blagojevic on January 18, 2019, 09:29:19 am
-
I wasn’t sure if this should go into A Touch of Humor thread, but apparently this is a serious scientific matter.
https://arstechnica.com/science/2018/01/with-ingestible-pill-you-can-track-fart-development-in-real-time-on-your-phone/
-
It would give you advanced warning so you could get to a noisy place or outside. Downside is the thing would eventually need to be recovered.
Kent in 3
-
A better use of the phone than I usually see when I go out among 'em.
-
These are large pills.
-
Downside is the thing would eventually need to be recovered.
And swallowed again ..., for outside the body it is of no use.
Cheers,
Bart
-
I actually got to experience a pill somewhat like that one several years ago. Not for farts, but to try to locate an ulcer that had me hospitalized for several days. I lost a fair amount of blood and got several units of blood, and once I was strong enough, they did both a colonoscopy and an endoscopy (examining my digestive tract from both ends.) That didn't find anything, so they proposed a "camera endoscopy" which would send a tiny pill-sized camera (with transmitter) down my gullet to photograph the section that the previous -oscopies couldn't reach. Before swallowing the pill camera, they attached to me a receiver with a view screen, so I could watch the scene as the camera wandered downward.
I was told that the camera-pill would emerge in a day or two, so for several days I pooped into a strainer hoping to catch the camera as a souvenir.
Yes, I would have washed it before placing it on view on my mantle shelf.
But, alas, I somehow missed it, so I have no souvenir. :(
P.S. It didn't find anything anyway, so my ulcer seemed to have healed itself with no help. But it was an interesting experience.
-
Pfff,
The Soviets had this technology already on 1972.
Only the swallowing was a bit difficult
(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190119/2866e6a70050ce3f906ca749a6322a0f.jpg)
-
A better use of the phone than I usually see when I go out among 'em.
;D
-
Pfff,
The Soviets had this technology already on 1972.
Only the swallowing was a bit difficult
:D
-
Pfff,
The Soviets had this technology already on 1972.
That looks a lot like my pill. Only mine was a little bit smaller. ;)
-
These are large pills.
At least they are coated going in. Doesn't look like much fun at the other end.
-
P.S. It didn't find anything anyway, so my ulcer seemed to have healed itself with no help. But it was an interesting experience.
You lost several units of blood and they couldn't find anything!
-
You lost several units of blood and they couldn't find anything!
Yup!
But I left the hospital in good shape. It must have been all the good type O-negative blood they gave me.