Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => Landscape Showcase => Topic started by: RBFritz on January 13, 2019, 01:12:55 am

Title: Elbow
Post by: RBFritz on January 13, 2019, 01:12:55 am
A part of Avalanche Creek, Glacier NP
Title: Re: Elbow
Post by: luxborealis on January 13, 2019, 11:35:50 am
Great movement. I appreciate your vision here, but am left wondering if the diminished local contrast within the shadows and within the highlights is intentional. Perhaps I’ve been looking too much at Adams’ work and have misaligned expectations of black and white photographs. Either that or something was lost in the conversion to a jpeg. I’m sure the raw capture has it all in there.
Title: Re: Elbow
Post by: RBFritz on January 14, 2019, 02:13:01 pm
Thanks Terry. Yes this was a quick conversion to b&w. There is a lot more detail and tonal range in the original image.