Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => Landscape Showcase => Topic started by: RBFritz on January 11, 2019, 06:07:51 pm

Title: Winrows and Crows
Post by: RBFritz on January 11, 2019, 06:07:51 pm
Windy day in the Palouse.
Title: Re: Winrows and Crows
Post by: biker on January 13, 2019, 11:10:39 am
I had to look at the picture several times to find it. It has style. Not the same as pinkish sunrises at the smooth sea but it's there.
Have you used a polariser?
Title: Re: Winrows and Crows
Post by: luxborealis on January 13, 2019, 11:29:33 am
Refreshing view of the Palouse. It could be Italy, France, even Australia, making it universal. Yet, it comes across as unique. The crows make it edgy and dynamic. The background rhythm of the fields and windrows gives the scene a sense of comfort. The two together create a tension that draws me into the story. Thanks for sharing.
Title: Re: Winrows and Crows
Post by: RBFritz on February 05, 2019, 06:37:07 pm
Thank you Terry. Your comments are much appreciated. Biker I'm not sure to what you're referring but I do appreciate you taking a look.
Title: Re: Winrows and Crows
Post by: Dave (Isle of Skye) on February 05, 2019, 08:21:22 pm
Refreshing view of the Palouse. It could be Italy, France, even Australia, making it universal. Yet, it comes across as unique. The crows make it edgy and dynamic. The background rhythm of the fields and windrows gives the scene a sense of comfort. The two together create a tension that draws me into the story. Thanks for sharing.

Yes I very much agree with you Terry, this is an excellently moody shot. In fact that whole 'standardised' rolling hills, highly cololured Palouse abstract thing we seem to be seeing more and more of these days, is starting to become a little too passé if you know what I mean, and becoming a bit like all those oversaturated slot canyon shots that seemed to be everywhere about a decade ago, but yet we now see very few of. Don't misunderstand me, I am not getting all snooty about the Palouse or slot canyons etc, as I have thoroughly enjoyed a few of them myself in the past. I am just saying that sometimes we all seem to go mad for something and it becomes a trend and so we all gorge ourselves on it, to the point where we can't stomach it anymore.

But this shot is a refreshing departure from that 'standardised' version of the Palouse we see so much of and is a very welcome one I think  :)

Dave
Title: Re: Winrows and Crows
Post by: Paulo Bizarro on February 06, 2019, 04:49:31 am
Besides what has been said, I also like the intriguing aspect of:

- seems like the crows are departing from the house/farm, adding a spooky feeling to the scene.
Title: Re: Winrows and Crows
Post by: Rajan Parrikar on February 06, 2019, 01:23:38 pm
It has an air of menace, almost Hitchcockian. Well done!
Title: Re: Winrows and Crows
Post by: sdwilsonsct on February 06, 2019, 04:21:59 pm
But this shot is a refreshing departure from that 'standardised' version of the Palouse we see so much of and is a very welcome one I think  :)

Yes, you have used it, not shown it (again).
Title: Re: Winrows and Crows
Post by: RBFritz on February 12, 2019, 02:05:23 pm
Thank you all for your observations and comments. Image was taken last year with a Fuji xt-2 and 18-135 lens with an UV filter on it. I've been  down south ( hiatus from the computer and winter).