Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: northerngal on January 11, 2019, 05:45:24 pm

Title: Maintenance/service contract for old HP DesignJet 130?
Post by: northerngal on January 11, 2019, 05:45:24 pm
I have been lurking on here for years, but I hope I can get some help now.
I have a DesignJet 130 that I've had for over a decade.  It has given me good performance, but then again it's just me using it, so I definitely do NOT overwork it.
The problem is, I don't think HP provides CarePacks for this series anymore.  i got on their site, and when I enter the info for my printer or the carepack, it says there's 0 matches.My latest carepack, that I got in 2017, just expired.  My printer is working just fine right now, but I figure since I have a bunch of printing to do for a show this year, that it will die at an inappropriate time.
So, is there a good company out there that provides relatively quick service for long distance  customers?  I had the next-business-day contract with HP, and that was great.  But it seems like all the outfits I see on the web now that say they service HP printers are talking about local service, not sending parts through the mail. I live in Alaska, so there are not lots of big tech service companies around.
Thanks for any help.