Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => Landscape Showcase => Topic started by: Cornfield on January 11, 2019, 11:35:10 am

Title: Early morning
Post by: Cornfield on January 11, 2019, 11:35:10 am
People crossing a bridge in the early morning at Betwa River in Orchha, India.
Title: Re: Early morning
Post by: Slobodan Blagojevic on January 11, 2019, 12:24:40 pm
A bit too much blue for my taste, but otherwise a very fine shot, atmosphere, human element, elongated composition.
Title: Re: Early morning
Post by: Jeremy Roussak on January 11, 2019, 03:23:57 pm
I agree with Slobodan, FWIW. Too much blue.

Jeremy
Title: Re: Early morning
Post by: Telecaster on January 11, 2019, 05:05:01 pm
I love it compositionally and also in its mono-tonality, but also agree that the blue saturation is a bit much. I've pulled it back to suit my own taste. YMMV.

-Dave-
Title: Re: Early morning
Post by: luxborealis on January 13, 2019, 11:56:33 am
The original blue is very much how a National Geographic might print it, at least that’s the feeling I get. For better or worse, I t appears to be a conscious decision to draw the viewer in. The more ‘realistic’ (?), ‘correct’ (?) version presented by Telecaster doesn’t have the same dynamic. I appreciate the original post, although being too stuck in my ways at times, I might have (incorrectly) tones down the blues.
Title: Re: Early morning
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on January 13, 2019, 01:20:11 pm
The original blue is very much how a National Geographic might print it, at least that’s the feeling I get. For better or worse, I t appears to be a conscious decision to draw the viewer in. The more ‘realistic’ (?), ‘correct’ (?) version presented by Telecaster doesn’t have the same dynamic. I appreciate the original post, although being too stuck in my ways at times, I might have (incorrectly) tones down the blues.
As another old fuddy-duddy, I must agree with Terry.
Title: Re: Early morning
Post by: luxborealis on January 13, 2019, 08:34:56 pm
As another old fuddy-duddy, I must agree with Terry.

Hey! Who you callin’ an old fuddy-duddy?!?  :)

(Corrected from the autocorrected ‘fuddle-daddy’)
Title: Re: Early morning
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on January 14, 2019, 12:19:42 am
Hey! Who you callin’ an old fuddy-duddy?!?  :)

(Corrected from the autocorrected ‘fuddle-daddy’)
You've shown over and over that you have excellent taste and perception, so you must be one of us old fuddy-duddies  and not just some young whipper-snapper.   ;D
Title: Re: Early morning
Post by: francois on January 14, 2019, 04:47:59 am
I like the original blue version very much…
Title: Re: Early morning
Post by: Cornfield on January 14, 2019, 04:55:40 am
Thanks Francois.  The strong blue version was produced at the request of a client for a large 2.5 Mtr wide print to match the scheme of a large room.
Title: Re: Early morning
Post by: Rayyan on January 14, 2019, 05:52:10 am
If the client is happy....the musings here are worth...well whatever they are worth!

If it was an image for forensic purposes...but for atmosphere, I like the original.

Best
Title: Re: Early morning
Post by: Paulo Bizarro on January 14, 2019, 07:32:45 am
Vivid blue versus grey/dead blue, I understand why the client prefers the former. Me too. Well done.