Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => Landscape Showcase => Topic started by: Martin Kristiansen on January 10, 2019, 01:05:21 pm

Title: Richtersveld
Post by: Martin Kristiansen on January 10, 2019, 01:05:21 pm
A very dry area in the north west of South Africa. Don't go in summer, I did once. Hire a 4X4.
Title: Re: Richtersveld
Post by: RSL on January 10, 2019, 03:25:39 pm
Very nice, Martin.
Title: Re: Richtersveld
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on January 10, 2019, 07:33:41 pm
It looks like an area well worth exploring.
Title: Re: Richtersveld
Post by: Martin Kristiansen on January 10, 2019, 11:09:43 pm
Thank you Russ.

It’s a lovely area
Title: Re: Richtersveld
Post by: Tony Jay on January 11, 2019, 03:43:46 am
Nice shot!

I have to admit that this place is high on my bucket list - I have an irresistible attraction to true wilderness areas and the Richtersveld really qualifies! Not too far from the Kalahari Transfrontier Park either!
Title: Re: Richtersveld
Post by: Martin Kristiansen on January 11, 2019, 07:36:26 am
Yes very close Tony. If you do ever come out get in contact. I know good ways to set that up. Might even join you if you are up for that
Title: Re: Richtersveld
Post by: stamper on January 11, 2019, 10:52:06 am
Yes! The disappearing road makes the image.
Title: Re: Richtersveld
Post by: Riaan van Wyk on January 11, 2019, 02:15:35 pm
Lovely Martin, I can sense the dryness and heat.

I have family in the Kalahari and me and the Blonde decided last week that a two week trip there will be on the cards for next year. Camping on a red sand dune under the stars that one can read under at night.
Title: Re: Richtersveld
Post by: Tony Jay on January 11, 2019, 04:16:16 pm
Yes very close Tony. If you do ever come out get in contact. I know good ways to set that up. Might even join you if you are up for that
I would really like that!