Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => Landscape Showcase => Topic started by: Martin Kristiansen on January 10, 2019, 12:39:03 pm

Title: Giraffe
Post by: Martin Kristiansen on January 10, 2019, 12:39:03 pm
Im not much into wildlife photography. Living in South Africa I end up in game parks almost yearly, usually by accident, attending family gatherings and so on. I really like them once I am there. Very relaxing driving around or doing a guided walk and taking photos. I have no gear really suited to game photography but I bang away non the less. Giraffe have been a favourite since I was a child. They are big enough that you don't need a million mm lens so here are two Giraffe.
Title: Re: Giraffe
Post by: Martin Kristiansen on January 10, 2019, 12:47:53 pm
And from the Namibian Botswana border a herd of elephants. Who doesn't like elephants.
Title: Re: Giraffe
Post by: stamper on January 10, 2019, 12:51:44 pm
The giraffe image is a fine one. The elephants might suit a B&W conversion because the colours are muted.
Title: Re: Giraffe
Post by: Martin Kristiansen on January 10, 2019, 12:54:13 pm
The one thing I am more useless at than game photography is bird photography. Doesn't stop me having a go though. This seagull expressed it all beautifully by taking a dump as I took the photo.
Title: Re: Giraffe
Post by: Martin Kristiansen on January 10, 2019, 12:57:36 pm
The giraffe image is a fine one. The elephants might suit a B&W conversion because the colours are muted.

Thank you very much. I am doing my best to stay away from B&W at there moment. I am not really sure where I want to be with the colour of the elephants to be honest. The colour was very muted. Temperature must have been close to 40C and it was in the middle of the dry season.
Title: Re: Giraffe
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on January 10, 2019, 03:09:41 pm
The giraffe photo is really excellent.
Title: Re: Giraffe
Post by: RSL on January 10, 2019, 03:24:55 pm
The giraffe image is a fine one. The elephants might suit a B&W conversion because the colours are muted.

+1