Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => Landscape Showcase => Topic started by: armand on January 08, 2019, 06:51:20 pm

Title: SLC Pano
Post by: armand on January 08, 2019, 06:51:20 pm
Salt Lake City pano

few other shots from the same outing here: https://forum.luminous-landscape.com/index.php?topic=128466.0
Title: Re: SLC Pano
Post by: francois on January 09, 2019, 04:47:54 am
You found a very nice viewpoint, it's not always easy. I like this winter landscape, the snow makes it a bit special.
Bravo!
Title: Re: SLC Pano
Post by: armand on January 09, 2019, 11:57:55 am
You found a very nice viewpoint, it's not always easy. I like this winter landscape, the snow makes it a bit special.
Bravo!

Thank you! The views were stunning after the fresh snow and the sunset added to it. There are multiple good vantage points along that trail, this was a good compromise between having a good height to see most of the valley but not far enough that I had to use multirow pano with a telephoto. In the full size you can easily see several people along the trail, feels I can name this A day in SLC.
Title: Re: SLC Pano
Post by: Telecaster on January 09, 2019, 04:56:04 pm
You found a very nice viewpoint, it's not always easy. I like this winter landscape, the snow makes it a bit special.
Bravo!

Yep, it's a good 'un!

-Dave-
Title: Re: SLC Pano
Post by: armand on January 09, 2019, 05:22:39 pm
Thank you!

As a side note I realized during this hike that I had unrealistic expectations from the Z7 dynamic range.
Title: Re: SLC Pano
Post by: mseawell on January 10, 2019, 10:29:17 am
Nice pano Armand! Funny, this could easily be Ogden where I live in Utah. Do you live in Utah or just passing through?

Mark
Title: Re: SLC Pano
Post by: armand on January 10, 2019, 12:21:58 pm
Nice pano Armand! Funny, this could easily be Ogden where I live in Utah. Do you live in Utah or just passing through?

Mark

Thank you. Just visiting (mostly for skiing) but with the pathetic snow that we got this winter in SW Michigan my wife wouldn't say no to a move in the area (she's the passionate skier of the family). I like Utah for the great outdoors, this is the third time visiting in the last couple of years and I plan to be back.