Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => Street Showcase => Topic started by: Cornfield on January 02, 2019, 09:14:35 am

Title: Only in Glasgow 1
Post by: Cornfield on January 02, 2019, 09:14:35 am
I have my street type images saved as collections in LR.  Starting the year from the Glasgow set.



Title: Re: Only in Glasgow 1
Post by: RSL on January 02, 2019, 09:37:53 am
Love it, Corn! Was the DOF accidental or deliberate?
Title: Re: Only in Glasgow 1
Post by: Cornfield on January 02, 2019, 09:44:49 am
Hi Russ

It was deliberate.  The shot with focus on the boy did not work and was binned.  This shot was taken just outside of the new transport museum on the north bank of the river.
Title: Re: Only in Glasgow 1
Post by: RSL on January 02, 2019, 10:09:09 am
Ambiguity! I think you made the right choice. When I first glimpsed it I was put off by the DOF, but when I really looked at it, the whole thing made sense.
Title: Re: Only in Glasgow 1
Post by: 32BT on January 02, 2019, 10:28:52 am
Like it. The old man reading a book feeling vaguely like the 12 year old adventurous kid he once was, but since he was drilled to sit up straight like the rest of us, he turned out like the gray old bookkeeper type.

That works well with the focus on the old man, and considering the above, a slightly defocused boy helps to tell the story. Hence:

+1
Title: Re: Only in Glasgow 1
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on January 02, 2019, 12:35:42 pm
Good catch, well done.