Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: stamper on December 26, 2018, 07:33:05 am

Title: Relaxing
Post by: stamper on December 26, 2018, 07:33:05 am
Any merit?
Title: Re: Relaxing
Post by: degrub on December 26, 2018, 08:02:03 am
Nice framing of the sign behind the gentleman’s head.
Says it all.
Title: Relaxing
Post by: Ivophoto on December 26, 2018, 08:06:56 am
Any merit?

Why did you make this picture? I ask it because I want to see it from you perspective to understand why you decided to push the button.

There certainly is a nice light falling in the pub and the atmosphere is very ‘pub’ like.
Title: Re: Relaxing
Post by: stamper on December 26, 2018, 08:31:15 am
The scene appealed to me. The different demeanors of the pub drinkers made imo a nice capture.
Title: Re: Relaxing
Post by: RSL on December 26, 2018, 08:33:35 am
The light's wonderful and the facial expressions and body language are interesting. Maybe not great street, but very good street. Bravo, Robert.
Title: Re: Relaxing
Post by: Ivophoto on December 26, 2018, 08:42:59 am
The scene appealed to me. The different demeanors of the pub drinkers made imo a nice capture.

I understand,
Pub photography is a thing on it’s own. It varies from purely observational shots from a table to heavily involved social documents.
Your picture is of the first kind. It doesn’t appeal to me, but that’s a personal taste. Your picture does convey that warm and fuzzy feeling men seek in a pub, so that is, for me, it’s merit.

Maybe you want to check out the ‘Belgicum’ portfolio of Stefan Vanfleteren, one of Belgium’s Magnum photographers.

http://stephanvanfleteren.com/nl/portfolio/detail/Belgicum (http://stephanvanfleteren.com/nl/portfolio/detail/Belgicum)

Some shots are taken in a pub that I used to know. ...
Title: Re: Relaxing
Post by: p2images on December 26, 2018, 09:01:27 am
Yeah I like the mood! nice use of available light!
This looks like one of the images that I would consider adding some HDR to if you haven't already