Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: felix5616 on December 23, 2018, 12:06:41 pm

Title: Borderless Printing on Z3200
Post by: felix5616 on December 23, 2018, 12:06:41 pm
With my recent purchase of a new Z3200, which replaced one lost in a fire I can not get borderless printing on a 17" wide roll with an image that is 17" wide. What could I possible be doing wrong?
Title: Re: Borderless Printing on Z3200
Post by: Ernst Dinkla on December 23, 2018, 04:23:29 pm
With my recent purchase of a new Z3200, which replaced one lost in a fire I can not get borderless printing on a 17" wide roll with an image that is 17" wide. What could I possible be doing wrong?

No borderless on matte papers.

Ernst, op de lei getypt.
Title: Re: Borderless Printing on Z3200
Post by: felix5616 on December 23, 2018, 05:40:20 pm
Should have been more specific, printing on Crane Museo Silver Rag(non mattepaper)
Title: Re: Borderless Printing on Z3200
Post by: snappingsam on January 02, 2019, 06:40:02 am
Quote
I can not get borderless printing on a 17" wide roll with an image that is 17" wide. What could I possible be doing wrong?

I find it impossible to print borderless from my Macs (el capitan 10.11.6) regardless of paper type or settings - however from my PC’s (windows 7) no problem!

I’ve spent hours - and basically if I want a borderless print I send the file from a PC....!!

I’m sure I’ll get a few saying it’s possible - I’ll welcome any suggestions!



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Title: Re: Borderless Printing on Z3200
Post by: Peter McLennan on January 02, 2019, 07:38:34 pm
What sizes/media are allowing you to print borderless?
Title: Re: Borderless Printing on Z3200
Post by: snappingsam on January 03, 2019, 06:12:34 am
What sizes/media are allowing you to print borderless?
The only sizes I regularly print borderless are 20x24 and 24x36 on 24” paper - photo lustre paper - from my PC - going into driver before printing and selecting - also remembering on the 20x24 to select auto rotate as well.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Title: Re: Borderless Printing on Z3200
Post by: smikkelmit22 on January 03, 2019, 07:18:13 am
Hi,

Someone, correct me if i'm wrong. But a few years ago i had the same issue with the z3200.

The issue: some profiles (media's) don't allow borderless printing.

The solution, as said, correct me if i'm wrong:

Pick a profile that does allow borderless printing. After, create a new icc profile.

* a note, as mentioned above "No borderless on matte papers.". I believe there was one media that did allow printing on a matte media. If you create a new icc profile with this specific media you can use the matte black and borderless printing*


I thought this was the trick, but i'm not sure anymore. But this is what i remember.
Title: Re: Borderless Printing on Z3200
Post by: kers on January 03, 2019, 09:04:36 am
Does anybody know for what logical reason borderless matt printing is not possible?
There must be a simple explanation i guess...

btw i do borderless printing on a mac - not often- and i agree it is a bit awkward, but it works.
i am on a z3100 so maybe things are different....