Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: howardm on December 23, 2018, 10:42:32 am
-
Can someone tell me the difference between the XRite iSIS v1 and the 'newer' v2 model?
Best I can tell from the XRite website, it *might* be the addition of the M1 mode.
-
Can someone tell me the difference between the XRite iSIS v1 and the 'newer' v2 model?
Best I can tell from the XRite website, it *might* be the addition of the M1 mode.
Back around 2013, XRite spec'ed the i1iSis XL as providing M2 (single pass - no uV) or M0 and M2 which does a scan with a uV LED. Then they calculate the spectral response for M0. The V2 works the same way but they calculate M1 as well as M0 from the two passes. They also included an OBC adjustment kit that, in effect, allows you to compensate for varying levels of uV so one could use that with a D50 level of uV light to create a profile that had a M1 response by doing the adjustment in daylight.
https://web.archive.org/web/20130723195703/http://www.xrite.com:80/i1isis-automatic-chart-reader
-
Thank you!
By that measure (pun intended), I just picked up a later model (M0/1/2/OBA) (non-XL).
Is there anything 'special' about using it? Obviously will need to regenerate any
test charts for the new format etc etc. Was planning on doing something like a 8x19
(from a 13x19 sheet) w/ around 1900 patches (picking the exact # to get 'extended' near-grays)
and let it chew on that for several minutes.
-
Another question.........
Does the iSis accept most any reasonable paper width up to the designed maximum (non-XL 8.5).
I ask because I have 2 charts an 8x19 (colors) and 5x19 (near greys) that I combined in PS to a
single 13x19. I'm hoping to print it out, cut it and run the colors through and then optimize w/ the greys.
-
Another question.........
Does the iSis accept most any reasonable paper width up to the designed maximum (non-XL 8.5).
I ask because I have 2 charts an 8x19 (colors) and 5x19 (near greys) that I combined in PS to a
single 13x19. I'm hoping to print it out, cut it and run the colors through and then optimize w/ the greys.
Set the paper margins to 0 and a custom size. Don't go over 8.5" width for the i1iSis but increase it to the 13" You should be able to put two images together each over about 1250 patches for a total around 2500-2600 patches on a 13"x19" sheet.
-
Many thanks.