Luminous Landscape Forum
The Art of Photography => The Coffee Corner => Topic started by: rabanito on December 20, 2018, 04:36:13 am
-
I discovered at least three ways of watching the pics.
1. Looking at the thumbnail
2. Clicking the thumbnail. A bigger picture opens in the browser
3. Doubleclicking on the name of the file under the thumbnail. It opens in the selected application, hopefully one that manages colours (my choice)
4. The picture is big and you can watch it complete only by moving sliders.
In this case you cannot open it with other apps. It is as is.
Also, AFAIK, here there is no other options and it is a pity. (or you copy/paste somewhere else, but...)
Am I missing something?
-
Is there an actual question in your post? For instance, “How do I...?”
-
Is there an actual question in your post? For instance, “How do I...?”
If you read attentively you could find it just before the question mark in the last line ;D ;D ;D
Now seriously:
When I click on the filename there opens my color managed app (Irfan in this case) and I see the whole picture. That's good
If I click on the thumbnail it could be that the pic is too big and then cut on the right side. A disadvantage
In some cases the big pictures are shown with sliders. You can see the picture but not the whole all together.
In this last case I found that there is no filename to click and to open in my application instead of the browser
I've seen beautiful pictures but I could not see the whole picture at once. A pity.
Maybe this happens not only to me and it could be remedied by the webmaster.
But I am just a lowly newbie, just asking...
For instance from John R at "The Art of Photography > User Critiques > Show us some Abstracts!"
-
I'd wager is has something to do with the file size of the uploaded image. Bigger file size, bigger image. Too big and you have to use scroll bars to move around.
-
... Am I missing something?
- 100% of shots you don't take
- possibly your car keys
- possibly your glasses (probably on the top of your head)
- etc.
;)
-
I'd wager is has something to do with the file size of the uploaded image. Bigger file size, bigger image. Too big and you have to use scroll bars to move around.
Yes, as I already posted before in response to the same question by the same poster. File size has to be larger than 1200px in order to open in another window fully.
-
... 4. The picture is big and you can watch it complete only by moving sliders.
In this case you cannot open it with other apps. It is as is...
This happens when the picture is hosted outside of LuLa (e.g., Flickr, one's own website, etc.), not uploaded. Usually, while getting the link to post here, those sites would offer the choice of sizes. Some might open the full-size image on their own site, some may not.
-
- 100% of shots you don't take
- possibly your car keys
- possibly your glasses (probably on the top of your head)
- etc.
;)
A clue
-
Yes, as I already posted before in response to the same question by the same poster. File size has to be larger than 1200px in order to open in another window fully.
Same poster took duly note an does as advised.
Sameposter might be ignorant of things but he has a working brain with more than 6 GB of memory
There are no problems wit sameposter's files ;)
-
For the benefit of the new members, and per earlier explanations of the site owners, the software this site is using for its forum is quite old and inflexible. Would we all want a better, more flexible forum software when it comes to image display? Sure. It is just that, again as per earlier explanations of the site owners, the overhaul would be quite extensive and expensive.
-
Would we all want a better, more flexible forum software when it comes to image display? Sure. It is just that, again as per earlier explanations of the site owners, the overhaul would be quite extensive and expensive.
Of course that's not a great problem. I just copy the image and paste it on Irfan and everything works.
I was just wondering