Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Digital Image Processing => Topic started by: spphoto on October 26, 2006, 11:52:51 pm

Title: nec 2070nx
Post by: spphoto on October 26, 2006, 11:52:51 pm
Well,

How about this one (nec 2070nx) .... got some really good reviews for critical
editing.  Anyone have it, or know about it?  It's under $500.

As you can tell, I'm not interested in spending a million on an lcd.

Thanx in advance...and I hope this thread will not get out of hand...
Title: nec 2070nx
Post by: bwpuk on October 31, 2006, 12:14:12 pm
Well I've had one for a while and it's superb. The colour was spot on just straight out of the box and I regularly check the calibration too. Can't fault it at the price. Don't hesitate to get one, for the price it's a bargain !  I'm  tempted to get another one to use them in tandem.

Barrie Watts
Title: nec 2070nx
Post by: spphoto on October 31, 2006, 12:21:57 pm
what about the whites,  i think the 1980sxi does a better job.  Are you an amature or pro?
Title: nec 2070nx
Post by: bwpuk on October 31, 2006, 02:55:55 pm
The whites are ok for me. I looked at the 1980SXi but prefered the 2070NX. I'm a pro and have been for twenty three years. I regularly calibrate with a Colorvision Spyder 2 but it normally doesn't need altering.

Ideally I'd like a Spectraview but then we're talking more money. If you want to go really critical then that's what you need.


Barrie Watts

www.barriewatts.co.uk