Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: Damon Lynch on December 11, 2018, 10:22:24 pm

Title: Two village girls in western Tajikistan
Post by: Damon Lynch on December 11, 2018, 10:22:24 pm
As sundown rapidly approaches, two young girls cross a street in a small village in western Tajikistan. Photo taken on August 18, 2016 in Kirov, Tursunzoda, Tajikistan.

Blurring a pic is not my usual thing. But in this case I think it works. Thoughts?
Title: Re: Two village girls in western Tajikistan
Post by: PeterAit on December 12, 2018, 10:58:46 am
As sundown rapidly approaches, two young girls cross a street in a small village in western Tajikistan. Photo taken on August 18, 2016 in Kirov, Tursunzoda, Tajikistan.

Blurring a pic is not my usual thing. But in this case I think it works. Thoughts?

Wonderful! And that the girls are holding hands is the icing on the cake.

Title: Re: Two village girls in western Tajikistan
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on December 12, 2018, 02:05:57 pm
Wonderful! And that the girls are holding hands is the icing on the cake.
+1.
Title: Re: Two village girls in western Tajikistan
Post by: RSL on December 12, 2018, 03:02:48 pm
I think the blurring works reasonably well, Damon, but it looks as if there's a car bearing down on the two kids. All in all, it's quite effective.
Title: Re: Two village girls in western Tajikistan
Post by: langier on December 13, 2018, 09:57:00 am
Nicely done, Damon! Nice feeling with the grain which accentuates the atmospheric aura.
Title: Re: Two village girls in western Tajikistan
Post by: John R on December 13, 2018, 10:43:37 am
Nicely done, Damon! Nice feeling with the grain which accentuates the atmospheric aura.
Yes I think the chief merit of the image is the atmosphere. Love the contrast between the ominous bright, but grainy light and the innocent girls. A feeling of mystery, of foreboding. Lovely.

JR
Title: Re: Two village girls in western Tajikistan
Post by: Rajan Parrikar on December 16, 2018, 12:25:03 am
Lovely. (I wish there wasn't the horizontal line running across their neck.)
Title: Re: Two village girls in western Tajikistan
Post by: Damon Lynch on December 16, 2018, 01:22:19 pm
Yes I think the chief merit of the image is the atmosphere. Love the contrast between the ominous bright, but grainy light and the innocent girls. A feeling of mystery, of foreboding. Lovely.

JR

That's an interesting and relevant observation given the history of war and violence in the area.

Thank you for your thoughts and observations, everyone!
Title: Re: Two village girls in western Tajikistan
Post by: armand on December 18, 2018, 02:54:04 pm
Very nice, I like it the way it is!
Title: Re: Two village girls in western Tajikistan
Post by: p2images on December 22, 2018, 08:56:32 am
I like the grain too as well as the composition, but the image is oversaturated in the center, I would drop the highlights to more of a grey tone