Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Digital Image Processing => Topic started by: armand on December 01, 2018, 06:49:22 pm

Title: PS CC 2018 issue
Post by: armand on December 01, 2018, 06:49:22 pm
After the recent updates when I export several shots in PS from LR, via Edit in --> Open as layers in Photoshop, usually from a focus stack, I cannot do anything with those layers. As in all the options are grayed out even if I right click on a single layers, I cannot Auto-align and such.
Used to work fine and I just can't figure it out what the problem is.
Any ideas?
Thanks,
Armand
Title: Re: PS CC 2018 issue
Post by: jrsforums on December 01, 2018, 06:59:44 pm
After the recent updates when I export several shots in PS from LR, via Edit in --> Open as layers in Photoshop, usually from a focus stack, I cannot do anything with those layers. As in all the options are grayed out even if I right click on a single layers, I cannot Auto-align and such.
Used to work fine and I just can't figure it out what the problem is.
Any ideas?
Thanks,
Armand

I am assuming you use Windows.  I believe this is a known problem and can be fixed if you open PS first, then export from LR
Title: Re: PS CC 2018 issue
Post by: armand on December 01, 2018, 07:34:09 pm
I am assuming you use Windows.  I believe this is a known problem and can be fixed if you open PS first, then export from LR

Thank you, it's working this way. I thought I was having early onset dementia.
Title: Re: PS CC 2018 issue
Post by: digitaldog on December 03, 2018, 12:31:53 pm
This was just reported on another forum:
The fix is got to **Preferences - General settings**, select "Disable the Home Screen".
Title: Re: PS CC 2018 issue
Post by: faberryman on December 21, 2018, 07:28:38 pm
This was just reported on another forum:
The fix is got to **Preferences - General settings**, select "Disable the Home Screen".
Except that "Disable the Home Screen" isn't one of the options.
Title: Re: PS CC 2018 issue
Post by: digitaldog on December 21, 2018, 07:31:50 pm
Except that "Disable the Home Screen" isn't one of the options.
https://www.solveyourtech.com/how-to-disable-the-home-screen-in-photoshop-cc/