Luminous Landscape Forum
The Art of Photography => Landscape Showcase => Topic started by: Hans Kruse on November 27, 2018, 12:16:01 pm
-
It's getting winter time now in Denmark where I live. It has been below zero for the last couple of days and lakes have ice on them now. I take a walk with the dog every day in the woods north of Copenhagen and here is a shot from today taken with my new iPhone Xs Max and using the Lightroom CC camera in HDR mode. When uploaded to Lightroom Classic CC I further edited the picture and this is the result. I could take my Nikon or Canon over the shoulder on these walks but my phone is in the pocket always ready to be used if something nice catches my eyes. My dog will patiently wait for me to take the shots :)
(https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4816/46025219952_31a675fd60_h.jpg) (https://flic.kr/p/2d86hp3)A walk in the woods (https://flic.kr/p/2d86hp3) by Hans Kruse (https://www.flickr.com/photos/hkruse/), on Flickr
-
Hi Hans.
Beautiful land forms with trees composition.
Maybe a bit too much color for my taste.
Thanks for showing.
Richard
-
Hi Hans.
Beautiful land forms with trees composition.
Maybe a bit too much color for my taste.
Thanks for showing.
Richard
Thanks Richard. Yes, the color is a matter of taste and also about what conveys the mood of the image. It also depends on your screen how much saturation you will see. I felt the scene was nice with the warm color tones and saturation. But maybe another day I will think differently :)
-
Lovely russet color. And definitely not too much color, from my perspective, seeing it on an iPad, the ultimate display yardstick.
On a related note, I found that the Max’s own Smart HDR often delivers even better results, though not as a raw file.
-
Lovely light.
-
Lovely russet color. And definitely not too much color, from my perspective, seeing it on an iPad, the ultimate display yardstick.
On a related note, I found that the Max’s own Smart HDR often delivers even better results, though not as a raw file.
Thanks, I have not even tried that yet. I like the LR CC camera since I can continue editing RAW (DNG) in LR Classic CC. But of course there are cases where this is not needed.
-
Thanks Paulo :)