Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: felix5616 on November 22, 2018, 11:46:10 am

Title: 4 Ply Acid free mat board supplier
Post by: felix5616 on November 22, 2018, 11:46:10 am
Looking for a supplier for 4 ply and 8 ply uncut archival mat board, sold in bulk(25 sheets or more)
Title: Re: 4 Ply Acid free mat board supplier
Post by: faberryman on November 22, 2018, 11:51:37 am
Looking for a supplier for 4 ply and 8 ply uncut archival mat board, sold in bulk(25 sheets or more)
I buy all my mat board and supplies from Archival Methods (https://www.archivalmethods.com/category/board-paper).
Title: Re: 4 Ply Acid free mat board supplier
Post by: robertDthomas on November 22, 2018, 01:40:39 pm
Not sure where you are located but if you are looking to have 32x40 sheets it is good to see if there is a local supplier.  Shipping costs are lower and generally they have their own delivery vehicles as  a common carrier and even UPS can damage those large sheets in most packaging.

I have used Omega Moulding: http://www.omegamoulding.com  and have been quite pleased with their costs/delivery.  They have several distribution centers in the US.

I have also used:  Framing supplies at: http://framingsupplies.com/MatBoardFoamBoard/FoamboardMatboard.htm.  They do a good job packing but you have to rely on the common carrier to take care with your materials.

Title: Re: 4 Ply Acid free mat board supplier
Post by: felix5616 on November 22, 2018, 01:43:33 pm
much appreciated, will check them out
Title: Re: 4 Ply Acid free mat board supplier
Post by: JeanMichel on November 22, 2018, 02:51:54 pm
Where I live, outside of Toronto, there are art supply stores that carry all kinds of mat boards and from where I can buy whole boxes of boards. I imagine that this is also true where you live.
Title: Re: 4 Ply Acid free mat board supplier
Post by: Jeffrey Saldinger on November 22, 2018, 05:30:52 pm
https://www.universityproducts.com
https://www.talasonline.com

Have often used each of these, with satisfaction.
Title: Re: 4 Ply Acid free mat board supplier
Post by: dgillilan on November 22, 2018, 06:27:24 pm
Hello, I have used Dick Blick for mats and order online and have to get them shipped, it is free if over $49 and mine always are since I order more than about 3.  They have acid free, and 4 ply and other types, great selection. They pack them extremely well and prices are fair, I do recommend them,
Debra
Title: Re: 4 Ply Acid free mat board supplier
Post by: ned on November 22, 2018, 09:51:25 pm
I use Dick Blick also. As I recall when I checked their price a few years ago it is was as good or better than the other places I checked. Always packed extremely well as mentioned.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Title: Re: 4 Ply Acid free mat board supplier
Post by: Alan Goldhammer on November 23, 2018, 08:49:31 am
Also a Dick Blick user and packaging was always first rate.  I never received a box with damaged mat or foam board.
Title: Re: 4 Ply Acid free mat board supplier
Post by: Andrew7 on November 23, 2018, 04:10:48 pm
I also purchase from BLICK. I did receive a box with some damaged mats but they apologized and immediately sent me replacements. No hassle whatsoever. I highly recommend them. They currently have a sale going on with 15-30% off based on the amount spent.

Andy
Title: Re: 4 Ply Acid free mat board supplier
Post by: LimbicSystemPhotoworks on November 25, 2018, 09:39:41 am
Jerry's Artarama has excellent pricing, service, and they will send you free samples. https://www.jerrysartarama.com/