Luminous Landscape Forum
The Art of Photography => Landscape Showcase => Topic started by: Bob_B on November 22, 2018, 10:06:56 am
-
A few days ago, I was hiking around the serpentine grasslands of Soldier's Delight nature reserve near Baltimore (http://dnr.maryland.gov/wildlife/Pages/plants_wildlife/serpentine.aspx). A cold front was moving through, the lighting was a mixed bag, and the vegetation mostly dried and long gone. I've long been a 'rock hound', and find the rocks and minerals in this area to be fascinating, as are the plants many of which are adapted to the toxic minerals in the soil. So, even with the lighting, it was a great hike.
Here are two sets of photos from my trek. Please feel free to C&C, and for those in the US, Happy Thanksgiving.
Bob
-
and a couple of landscapes
-
Good series.
-
Yes.
The second in each group are my favorites.
-
Yes.
The second in each group are my favorites.
+1
-
Paulo et al: Thank you for your comments. Best regards, Bob
-
I share the prevailing sentiment - the second in each. The second in the second set is a fine example of a blurred foreground element adding to the composition.
-
Thanks Rajan.
-
Yes.
The second in each group are my favorites.
Yes. I agree..
Dave
-
Miniature landscapes are a fun find.
Kent in SD
-
Thanks Dave and Kent. Seems like the seconds finish first in this case, and that's fine by me.