Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => Landscape Showcase => Topic started by: luxborealis on November 22, 2018, 08:35:54 am

Title: Another glorious morning, but this time @ –19°C (–2°F)
Post by: luxborealis on November 22, 2018, 08:35:54 am
And, Happy Thanksgiving to our American friends.

This was the scene on the way in to work this morning.
Title: Re: Another glorious morning, but this time @ –19°C (–2°F)
Post by: Paulo Bizarro on November 22, 2018, 12:31:24 pm
Nice!
Title: Re: Another glorious morning, but this time @ –19°C (–2°F)
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on November 22, 2018, 12:52:24 pm
Brrrr! But nice.
I'm glad your camera didn't freeze.
Title: Re: Another glorious morning, but this time @ –19°C (–2°F)
Post by: Rajan Parrikar on November 23, 2018, 10:09:51 am
Lovely. What was your outerwear like?
Title: Re: Another glorious morning, but this time @ –19°C (–2°F)
Post by: luxborealis on November 23, 2018, 05:30:20 pm
So, I guess I had better come clean, for Ed’s and Rajan’s sake...

Yes, it was cold. –19° is nothing to sneeze at. And, while I’d like to claim that I had to ‘slog uphill both ways through a snow storm’, the reality is I was on my way to work and was out of the car for only a few minutes. Although I had only my usual chinos, shirt and tie and blazer on, and no gloves, there was no wind and it sure didn’t feel like –19°.

I think I’m beginning to understand what Edward Westen said so many years (decades!) ago:
“Anything more than 500 yards from the car just isn’t photogenic.” ;)
Title: Re: Another glorious morning, but this time @ –19°C (–2°F)
Post by: OnlyNorth on November 24, 2018, 12:49:02 am
Awful....but.........beautiful!!!!!!!!!