Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => Landscape Showcase => Topic started by: KMRennie on November 19, 2018, 12:15:20 pm

Title: Twisleton Scar End
Post by: KMRennie on November 19, 2018, 12:15:20 pm
Sunset from the edge of the limestone pavement above Ingleton in Yorkshire. A day of blue skies until 30 minutes before sunset when a few clouds appeared to add a little colour. Ken
Title: Re: Twisleton Scar End
Post by: Chairman Bill on November 19, 2018, 12:39:47 pm
I do like how the mackerel sky mimics the limestone pavement
Title: Re: Twisleton Scar End
Post by: farbschlurf on November 21, 2018, 07:39:24 am
Like the composition, too. This "wedge" is almost like an arrow showing the direction the tree goes.
Title: Re: Twisleton Scar End
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on November 21, 2018, 08:33:03 am
Excellent.
Title: Re: Twisleton Scar End
Post by: KMRennie on November 21, 2018, 11:12:24 am
Thanks for the positive comments Bill, Stefan and Eric they keep me posting. Looking at it now I think that the bank of mist in the valley is too bright, probably when I merged the sky and foreground exposures together. Ken
Title: Re: Twisleton Scar End
Post by: sdwilsonsct on November 21, 2018, 08:02:46 pm
Ken, I want to like this more than I do. Great framing, but something doesn't gel for me. Maybe shoot a little lower to simplify the scene by omitting the green hills? One element too many?
Title: Re: Twisleton Scar End
Post by: KMRennie on November 22, 2018, 05:38:47 am
Thanks Scott. The only problem I was lying on the ground with camera 6" off the ground. The ground behind me was slowly rising so moving backwards dropped the tree into the ground more and I preferred it more against the sunset. I could and probably should have tried moving forward with a 16mm lens, this was 24mm but I didn't think about it until too late. Ken
Title: Re: Twisleton Scar End
Post by: Paulo Bizarro on November 22, 2018, 12:47:23 pm
Very good one.