Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: mandodude on November 17, 2018, 01:04:52 pm
-
Anyone here have a Pro-1000 and use fine art papers? With my Pro-10, when set to "fine art other 1" for media type, it requires a 30mm boarder at the top and bottom of the page, I assume to prevent head strike on the paper. Does the Pro-1000 do this as well?
-
Anyone here have a Pro-1000 and use fine art papers? With my Pro-10, when set to "fine art other 1" for media type, it requires a 30mm boarder at the top and bottom of the page, I assume to prevent head strike on the paper. Does the Pro-1000 do this as well?
No there is no such restriction with the PRO-1000. You can print borderless any standard paper size using any fine art paper setting. There is an option to "Cancel the paper safety margin regulation for paper size" for the fine art paper types that require it by default.
-
Thanks for the reply. So, it sounds like it will place the margin restriction on fine art paper unless you turn that feature off. I wonder if my Pro-10 has that feature? I'll have to check in a bit. When I printed a 13x19 last weekend on fine art paper, I just selected "matte photo paper" as the media type and that seems to be a work around on my printer, but I've read if you select that instead of "fine art other 1", it uses mostly photo black ink instead of matte black. Doesn't really make sense to me, and I don't believe everything I read on line! Thanks again.