Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => The Coffee Corner => Topic started by: Slobodan Blagojevic on November 17, 2018, 09:38:12 am

Title: Hey, I won a Moscow Collusion Indictment!
Post by: Slobodan Blagojevic on November 17, 2018, 09:38:12 am
Oooops, that’s what happens when one reads too much news  ;)

It was actually Moscow International Photo Awards 2018:



Title: Re: Hey, I won a Moscow Collusion Indictment!
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on November 17, 2018, 10:41:08 am
I hereby indict you for repeated instances of excellent photography.

Congrats!
Title: Re: Hey, I won a Moscow Collusion Indictment!
Post by: Two23 on November 17, 2018, 10:45:20 am
I deny having ever heard of you.


Kent in SD
Title: Hey, I won a Moscow Collusion Indictment!
Post by: Ivophoto on November 17, 2018, 11:03:49 am
Oooops, that’s what happens when one reads too much news  ;)

It was actually Moscow International Photo Awards 2018:

When I saw the topic heading on my iPhone, I was kind of worried, Slobodan. It sounds like an uncomfortable medical check-up.

But I’m happy it’s not the case. Congratulations!!!
Title: Re: Hey, I won a Moscow Collusion Indictment!
Post by: David Eckels on November 17, 2018, 11:37:01 am
Congratulations!!!
Yup
Title: Re: Hey, I won a Moscow Collusion Indictment!
Post by: JNB_Rare on November 17, 2018, 12:26:53 pm
Congrats. Obviously they thought that giving the gold award to Golden Wave might have precipitated an investigation.
Title: Re: Hey, I won a Moscow Collusion Indictment!
Post by: Rob C on November 17, 2018, 12:31:37 pm
Congrats. Obviously they thought that giving the gold award to Golden Wave might have precipitated an investigation.

The tones would have clashed.

Congrats, Slobodan. You really can't be accused of not putting yourself out there in the photo world. Way to go.


Rob
Title: Re: Hey, I won a Moscow Collusion Indictment!
Post by: Slobodan Blagojevic on November 17, 2018, 12:36:31 pm
...You really can't be accused of not putting yourself out there in the photo world. Way to go.

You know, Rob, as the God said to the guy eternally complaining how he never let him win a lottery: "Buy the damn ticket!" ;)
Title: Re: Hey, I won a Moscow Collusion Indictment!
Post by: John R on November 17, 2018, 02:00:54 pm
Well done. Excellent photo.

JR
Title: Re: Hey, I won a Moscow Collusion Indictment!
Post by: Jeremy Roussak on November 17, 2018, 02:08:12 pm
Congratulations. I like that one each time it crops up!

Jeremy
Title: Re: Hey, I won a Moscow Collusion Indictment!
Post by: langier on November 17, 2018, 02:10:58 pm
Another job well done, Slobodan!
Title: Re: Hey, I won a Moscow Collusion Indictment!
Post by: James Clark on November 17, 2018, 03:36:39 pm
'Grats on the award. And the thread title :D
Title: Re: Hey, I won a Moscow Collusion Indictment!
Post by: Chris Kern on November 17, 2018, 05:56:36 pm
Well seen, well captured, and well interpreted.
Title: Re: Hey, I won a Moscow Collusion Indictment!
Post by: Hening Bettermann on November 17, 2018, 06:04:55 pm
Congrats, Slobodan! A nice image - but WHAT is it? Well not that that is so overly important, but...
Title: Re: Hey, I won a Moscow Collusion Indictment!
Post by: Chris Kern on November 17, 2018, 06:33:35 pm
Congrats, Slobodan! A nice image - but WHAT is it? Well not that that is so overly important, but...

I think that's the point: the image speaks for itself.

But I believe it's the (south?) elevation of the Aqua building (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aqua_(skyscraper)) in Chicago.
Title: Re: Hey, I won a Moscow Collusion Indictment!
Post by: Slobodan Blagojevic on November 17, 2018, 06:56:08 pm
Congrats, Slobodan! A nice image - but WHAT is it? Well not that that is so overly important, but...

Thanks Hening and everyone else.

It was in the Architecture-Buildings category of the Awards, so it is a building ;)

As Chris pointed out, it is indeed the 83-story Aqua building in Chicago. The thing is, it does not look like much from a distance, as the attached first two images (not mine) illustrate. Only when you come closer, real close, and look up, you start to see an incredible number of different shapes, created by the fact that not two balconies are the same shape. You can spend hours exploring various angles and framing. For this particular image I further took it into abstract territory by inverting the curves and playing with white balance until I got the effect I liked.

In this state, depending on imagination, you can see a field of wheat after storm, The Girl With the Flaxen Hair (La fille aux cheveux de lin - Claude Debussy), brain waves, or a river of liquid gold :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TOxJpPiFe0k

(https://www.slobodanblagojevic.com/img/s/v-3/p2517743658-2.jpg) (https://www.slobodanblagojevic.com/p631768190/e9611b82a)
Title: Re: Hey, I won a Moscow Collusion Indictment!
Post by: Alan Klein on November 18, 2018, 12:21:23 am
Very creative.
Title: Re: Hey, I won a Moscow Collusion Indictment!
Post by: Hening Bettermann on November 18, 2018, 06:11:19 pm
Wow!
Title: Re: Hey, I won a Moscow Collusion Indictment!
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on November 18, 2018, 06:34:49 pm
You do the niftiest building shots, Slobodan.

The Girl with the Flaxen Hair doesn't look like a building at all!   :D
Title: Re: Hey, I won a Moscow Collusion Indictment!
Post by: BJL on November 18, 2018, 08:34:24 pm
Thanks Hening and everyone else.

It was in the Architecture-Buildings category of the Awards, so it is a building ;)
But looking just at the thumbnail I was thinking of a nice sfogliatella. That's abstraction for you!

Congratulations!
Title: Re: Hey, I won a Moscow Collusion Indictment!
Post by: Slobodan Blagojevic on November 18, 2018, 09:07:39 pm
Haha... well, that’s an original one! And makes sense. Now, you piqued my curiosity, as I never tried, or even heard of that pastry.
Title: Re: Hey, I won a Moscow Collusion Indictment!
Post by: Rajan Parrikar on November 18, 2018, 09:11:07 pm
Поздравляю
Title: Re: Hey, I won a Moscow Collusion Indictment!
Post by: Slobodan Blagojevic on November 18, 2018, 10:36:20 pm
Поздравляю

Спасибо, комрад Раджан 🇷🇺
Title: Re: Hey, I won a Moscow Collusion Indictment!
Post by: Rob C on November 19, 2018, 04:26:39 am
If I learn that language, perhaps we can have our calm, reasoned political chats in peace and security?

;-)
Title: Re: Hey, I won a Moscow Collusion Indictment!
Post by: Slobodan Blagojevic on November 19, 2018, 11:30:38 am
If I learn that language, perhaps we can have our calm, reasoned political chats in peace and security?

And not just cursive ;)


Title: Re: Hey, I won a Moscow Collusion Indictment!
Post by: BJL on November 19, 2018, 07:22:19 pm
Haha... well, that’s an original one! And makes sense. Now, you piqued my curiosity, as I never tried, or even heard of that pastry.
Try southern Italy, or New York’s Little Italy. Sometimes the flaky layers are wavier than in this picture
(https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/3/31/Sfogliatelle_pic.jpg)