Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Digital Image Processing => Topic started by: rdonson on November 15, 2018, 10:15:36 am
-
Has anyone successfully updated to the most recent release?
When I log in to their website I don't see to get anywhere. I bought version 1.0 but I have difficulty downloading 1.1 It may be my blocking trackers, ads, etc. in my browser. At one time it tells me I'm up to date. Perplexing.
Thanks in advance for sharing your experiences.
-
SOLVED!
In case anyone else runs into what I did and was expecting a modern 2018 updating experience like most apps:
- Download the "Trial" of version 1.1
- When installing simply enter your previous activation code from 1.0
-
Thanks, Ron. I'm having the same issue. It doesn't help that DxO fails to put a version number on the dmg or anywhere else that's easy to find.
Lloyd
-
I got an update notice this afternoon after launching a NIK filter within Photoshop CC 2019. Was able to download and install the latest without problems.
-
I usually use Nik in Lightroom or Photoshop instead using of it as a standalone app.
The update using the download of the new "Trial" version required me to input my activation on one Mac but not the other.
-
How much of an upgrade is it?
-
Good question.
I've only looked at the collection to make sure it worked and I didn't see anything new functionality wise.
Here's what DxO said about it.
Compatible with the latest Mac and Windows operating systems
Nik Collection by DxO is now fully functional with the latest 64-bit version of macOS Mojave and Microsoft Windows 10.
Fully integrated with Adobe Creative Cloud 2019
Get a smooth and complete workflow with Adobe Lightroom Classic CC, Photoshop CC and Photoshop Elements 2019
-
I had the Nik Collection quite a few years ago but didn't use many of them much. Silver Efex occasionally, but not much beyond that. I eventually uninstalled them, but kept the package. Even though I always have at least 3 copies of app installers, somehow on a dark and dreary night I trashed all three folders. However, since I hadn't used them much I didn't miss them. Later I downloaded the Google version but never installed them. About a month ago I downloaded the trial package from DXO and have it installed, and then last week I bought the package and yesterday updated to the latest version, supposedly 1.1. When I started the install routine I noticed the version was actually 1.2.18. They're all working as expected, but the only app that displays as 1.2.18 is the uninstaller. All the rest are version 5.0.1. Just wondering what's going and why such a variation of version numbers. I assume the DXO version number(s) apply only since that bought NIK, and that perhaps the individual versions numbers refer to all of the iterations down the line. Just wondering ???
Gary
-
I had the same initial problems updating but when I launched one of the filters inside Photoshop, it informed me that there is an update and allowed me to update right there on the spot to 1.1.
As a sidenote, the Nik filters now work inside Affinity Photo - no more black and white rendering in some of the filters like Viveza.
-
Has anyone found a compelling reason to upgrade from the original free Google version? This app has been central to my workflow for years, but the old one seems to be working just fine. Any new features worth another investment?
-
The latest version is 64 bit code instead of 32 bit. In theory they might be a bit faster (?). I haven't noticed a difference though.
The biggest advantage of 64 bit code is that I believe the next release beyond Mojave will will not allow 32 bit code to run.
-
A fyi, when you click a filter (color effects etc.) and it opens up, in the right top corner if you hover on the nick logo and click, a pop up shows all the current info
5.0 , 64 bit 1.2.18 etc. so you can check your version
-
A fyi, when you click a filter (color effects etc.) and it opens up, in the right top corner if you hover on the nick logo and click, a pop up shows all the current info
5.0 , 64 bit 1.2.18 etc. so you can check your version
As I mentioned in an earlier reply, I'm somewhat confused about what the "version numbers" actually refer to. I do have Version 1.1 installed and working well as far as I have seen. However, in the stand-alone version the only v.1.2.18 is the Uninstaller, which is not part of the PS/LR plugin. When I check the individual apps they all show Version 5.0.1. So what gives here? Is the package Version 1.1 or 5.0.1? Of course as long as everything is working as expected I suppose the Version numbers are somewhat moot. However it does seem to be a rather confusing situation. As I also mentioned previously, I imagine the Versions 1.0 and 1.1 relate only to the DXO versions of the Nik Collection, and perhaps the version 5.0.1 refers to the Collection from its beginning. Sounds feasible at least.
Gary